McIllorum

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wes

Re: McIllorum

Post by Wes »

How many clubs have released squad players so far?
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

The story I heard over Christmas is that all this is down to FPN. It seem his agent said he was going and the club used some of this money to sign new contracts for Marshall and Davies, then looked for a Prop replacement.

When training restarted FPN returned saying he was going nowhere, meaning we were over the cap. The club allowed Gelling to return home without a definite yes or no about returning, add to this Sarge returning and we are well over.

So it seems that unless Gells signs for NZW, then we will need to offload someone, and the only player we've had an offer for is Mickey.

As for the MM situation, then that's another story.
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

i don't see how we could be over the cap as it's live and any new players or contracts have to be signed off by the RFL.
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

if it's true MM has been forced out then i'm not happy. I also find it short sighted as Tommy is not far from retirement. Why not ask Tommy to take up his coaching role early and pay him a big wage for coaching.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

First Try Tickle wrote:The story I heard over Christmas is that all this is down to FPN. It seem his agent said he was going and the club used some of this money to sign new contracts for Marshall and Davies, then looked for a Prop replacement.

When training restarted FPN returned saying he was going nowhere, meaning we were over the cap. The club allowed Gelling to return home without a definite yes or no about returning, add to this Sarge returning and we are well over.

So it seems that unless Gells signs for NZW, then we will need to offload someone, and the only player we've had an offer for is Mickey.

Sounds like the club is being run terribly

Am i right in thinking if MM goes that we dont have a single experienced out and out hooker

Tommy is a half back but plays best at hooker
Powell is a half back who has now got used to covering at hooker
Ganson has only just got to first grade

Its no wonder Season Tickets are reportedly down, the club has turned into an absolute sham!

Also if true what effect is this going to have on morale in the camp?, MM and a few of the lads are very close, if he's been pushed out due to a player no one probably has an allegiance too surely it will make things a little uncomfortable
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Wes wrote:How many clubs have released squad players so far?
They generally announce squad numbers before Christmas to boost shirt sales. Can't remember the last time it was left so late.
Don't know how many clubs have announced squad numbers but Scum and wire have for sure.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

First Try Tickle wrote:The story I heard over Christmas is that all this is down to FPN. It seem his agent said he was going and the club used some of this money to sign new contracts for Marshall and Davies, then looked for a Prop replacement.

So the tail(agent) is wagging the dog(club)!?!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wes

Post by Wes »

Cas - No
Catalan - No
Hull KR - No
Hull F.C. - Yes
Salford - sort of some numbers not yet assigned
Saints - Yes
Hudds - Yes
Wire - Yes
Widnes - Yes
Wakey - No
Leeds - Yes

Those are the clubs who’s released squad numbers.
Are we that bad?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

FTT's rumour suggests that FPN's agent told the club his client was leaving the club mid contract but the club didn't talk to the player?
That seems odd. Surely they would have spoken to FPN and clarified the reason(s) he was leaving. If FPN had no intention of leaving then he would have told the club that in no uncertain terms.
They spent his SC worth on players without asking FPN if he was leaving and just on the word of his agent?
That just beggars belief if true.
God, I hope it isn't true!

Perhaps, on the other hand, the agent and FPN said he was leaving so the club spent his SC worth, then when he couldn't get a club he just rocked up for training on the first day back like nothing had happened. Maybe!

Great these rumours and speculation.

When is our first game?

moto748

Post by moto748 »

Hard to disagree that the club has handled the situation poorly, to say the least.