McIllorum

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Fan4Fifty

Re: McIllorum

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Greenwood was undoubtedly an effective player for Saints.

But, genuine question this, what's he been doing since he was in Australia? Has he been getting NRL game time, suffered injuries etc. If he's been doing well, why does he want to come back to SL? Or is it a case of not making it out there and needing to resurrect a career? Did Saints have an option and not want him?

Didn't hear his name mentioned at all in terms of World Cup squad selection so where does he rank compared to Farrell, Bateman?

Can anyone update please?
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

Fan4Fifty wrote:Greenwood was undoubtedly an effective player for Saints.

But, genuine question this, what's he been doing since he was in Australia? Has he been getting NRL game time, suffered injuries etc. If he's been doing well, why does he want to come back to SL? Or is it a case of not making it out there and needing to resurrect a career? Did Saints have an option and not want him?

Didn't hear his name mentioned at all in terms of World Cup squad selection so where does he rank compared to Farrell, Bateman?

Greenwood was starting matches in Australia and playing quite well. If he does stay, I expect him to have progressed a lot this year and be in with a look in for England by the end of the season.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Warrior20 wrote:
Fan4Fifty wrote:Greenwood was undoubtedly an effective player for Saints.

Greenwood was starting matches in Australia and playing quite well. If he does stay, I expect him to have progressed a lot this year and be in with a look in for England by the end of the season.
He's a quality player and only going to get better.

Hits really good lines and scores tries.

If he did come I'd like to see him play 13 when lockers wasn't with a view to taking over the role when lockers retires - we'd have to change the way we play, because nobody can do what lockers does at 13 in world rugby, but that said, an athletic number 13 with a real strong running game could provide a who new look to this team.

Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Thanks Warrior20 and AdamMac. Appreciated and positive.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
bertina wrote:
keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
Simply not true. If mac wants to stay he can. FPN saga has no Barings on this deal whatsoever. It is only obstructing another deal for a player they are interested bringing in.
Mickey DID NOT want to go. It was made almost impossible for him to stay if he wanted to play.
As I've already said, not Wanes choice.
The club saw money on the table for Mickey and that was it.
Wether it is good or bad business is open to argument, but the truth of the matter is Mickey was pushed.

WHAT MONEY?
And he was not pushed. He asked to speak to catalan FACT
There was money FACT, it went elsewhere to other players who were being chased by other SL clubs but Wigan wanted to keep said player. McIlorum was chased by canberra and approached Wigan about an increase yet Wigan werent prepared to increase his salary, so he looked into the catalans deal, but only when there was no increase option at Wigan.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Warrior20 wrote:
I watched Greenwood quite a bit in the NRL. He was playing well in one of the weakest sides in the comp.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Greenwood’s a class act!
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Greenwood will be a quality signing if he arrives.
He will be on a 3 year deal I'd imagine so he will be around for some time. We always anticipated a number of players leaving end of 2018.

There has been quite a bit that FPN will leave but I thought he was on a three and a half year deal when he arrived mid 2016. That would mean he has a contract until end of 2019. Is this correct?

There will be quite some change for 2019 but we will have to recruit well and bring in more quality signings if the squad is to improve over 2018,
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Greenwood would be a signing that improves our team, i think he could be a top forward in SL
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Greenwood would be a signing that improves our team, i think he could be a top forward in SL
He would be if he's allowed to play like a prop