Madge

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Madge

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
bill.inger

Re: Madge

Post by bill.inger »

Here's a thought. IF, and it's a huge 'if' Wayne Bennett decides to quit as England coach after the game tomorrow and IF the RFL offer the job to Shaun Wain, who would Wigan then look at as a replacement.
All conjecture, I know but it's a possibility.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

He would do both jobs!
As it happens he won't get offered the England job and we won't have to look elsewhere.
So it's a win lose situation.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Actually I think it's far from improbable that Shaun Wane might be offered the England job. Either way, I can't imagine Bennett hanging around after the World Cup.

Not that he spends much time in England anyway...
shaunedwardsfanclub

Bennett has achieved all I expected, a World Cup final for the first time in 22 years. If we are going to beat the Aussies then our structure needs to change dramatically. Do the same and we get the same results. As for Waney, I think he would do as well as anybody if he was appointed as the England coach. If he did depart then we would need to look at Australia for a replacement, they are light years ahead.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

My impression is that Madge doesn't want to come back to England. Waney won't be offered the England job (perhaps a couple of years ago) because of his style of play. If Bennett doesn't carry on I'm sure it will go to Powell (if he's allowed to keep the Cas job too), he's the flavour of the month and probably merits a chance.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Bennett has achieved all I expected, a World Cup final for the first time in 22 years. If we are going to beat the Aussies then our structure needs to change dramatically. Do the same and we get the same results. As for Waney, I think he would do as well as anybody if he was appointed as the England coach. If he did depart then we would need to look at Australia for a replacement, they are light years ahead.
Agreed.
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Bennett has achieved all I expected, a World Cup final for the first time in 22 years. If we are going to beat the Aussies then our structure needs to change dramatically. Do the same and we get the same results. As for Waney, I think he would do as well as anybody if he was appointed as the England coach. If he did depart then we would need to look at Australia for a replacement, they are light years ahead.
. Didn’t look “light years “ ahead yesterday.
Wes

Post by Wes »

jao 711 wrote:
I agree but wasn’t we coached by one of the most successful Australian coaches?
shaunedwardsfanclub

jao 711 wrote:
They didn't our guys had a real dig, they gave it everything. Wayne Bennett is a master coach and he got the best out of the resources he had. Our forwards probably outplayed the Aussies but we never looked like getting the job done because our backs are not good enough. Unless something dramatically changes in British rugby league we will continue to have hard luck stories.