Sarge in the sights

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: Sarge in the sights

Post by fozzieskem »

Didn’t we all know this would happen though?

Sorry but he was never good enough for the NRL,the wonder of highlight reels and YouTube channels strike again with him.

Barely played any rugby since he left Wigan how is this seen as a good signing I just don’t know
mjdodge13

Post by mjdodge13 »

What type of club wants Dan Sargubson? Definitely not a top one! All I can say is he must have one hell of an agent, I might hire him to get me a stint in the NRL......I remember chuckling when I heard had got a contract with the Titans.

As the poster above I simply can’t justify the hours of travel and cost anymore to watch players of this Calibre. I used to attend 8-10 home games a season with my family.........last year I made it to one. It used be fun explaining who the players were , where there from, what they are good at etc but it’s difficult to get others interested anymore.

I have no doubt a lot of money has been spent by Mr Lenagan one way or the other but if it’s true that we are near capacity on our cap then I’m afraid it’s a very misguided investment.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I can only think he must be really cheap or its a 3 year deal based on appearances. We must have learned from our mistakes bringing back crocked players.

When we were really struggling last season with injuries, Sarge coming back on loan would have looked like a good move. Signing him as a starting centre is just shocking. Surely we would be better off with Kris Welham or even Ben Crooks.

It will be a shocking signing if it comes true. They will probably announce it on the 15th, just as the season ticket money comes out of our accounts.

:eusa17:
jobo

Post by jobo »

Don't think it would be as bad a move as some seem to think but it's hardly a sign that we are looking to improve on what we've got.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jobo wrote:Don't think it would be as bad a move as some seem to think....
He can't pass and he can't tackle. When has it ever been a good move to sign a poor player?

When he came the first time as a project, fair enough most people were open minded at the signing of a young player.

When we sign other relative unknowns such as Isa you get the same sort of reaction. Even if the signing is viewed as underwhelming most will wait and see what the player delivers once here

With Sarge we have seen what he can deliver and it's just not good enough.

He is not a Sam Tomkins or Burgess who no one wanted to leave. You can understand re-signing those players even if as yet they have not delivered their previous form. With Sarge there is nothing to recommend him at all!
jao711

Post by jao711 »

DaveO wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:
DaveO wrote: What has that got to do with it? Just because Sarge may be cheap as chips is no reason to sign him. Why waste salary cap money on a poor player?
No Dave, we'll ask again, who are they, and could Wigan afford them under the current salary cap.
Your remark "Not to mention every one of those off contract centres will be a better player than him."
If you want to repeatedly ask silly questions that is up to you. This is just another variations on that boring old theme of asking fans to do the clubs job. It's just the same as asking who is available to replace Wane when someone posts he should be sacked. No one knows who is available but they are suggesting the club go and look for someone. It's the same here. It was stated there were centres off-contract who played in the world cup. Assuming that to be the case the club should look at them whoever they are before they look at re-signing a poor player. I don't think it's a great leap to conclude they will be better than Sarge.

In any case I don't care if there are no players available anymore or who we can afford, it is a complete waste of cap space to sign such a poor player as Sarge.
. In simple terms you don’t know.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Signed, two year deal. Underwhelmed!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield