Sarge in the sights

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Sarge in the sights

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I'm not particularly bothered about Gelling going, far too inconsistent, but to have Sarginson as his replacement is like plugging a leak in a bucket with bubblegum!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
ian b

Post by ian b »

endoman wrote:
ian b wrote:apparently hes signed a 3 year deal
Who with?
with wigan
Longstanding

Post by Longstanding »

If wigan sign another hospital case I'll
need counselling.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I would be *very* disappointed to replace Gelling with Sarge.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

That whole article on Wigan Today pretty much sums up what is wrong with Wigan

If taken at face value (obviously nothing is certain yet)

weve let a player go without preparing for their departure
weve signed a woeful player in place who has been crocked nearly an entire season

and somehow despite having very little in the way of "class" in our team we are at cap limit

signing Sarge is a statement about how things at Wigan are stuck in the past
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If Gelling is going and Sarge is available then I can understand why Wigan would sign him.
I liked Sarge but he suffered from his utility value. For some games he was is a different position each week ans therefore unable to find consistent form.
If he replaces Gelling and plays 3 each week then I think he'll turn out fine.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wiganer Ted wrote:If Gelling is going and Sarge is available then I can understand why Wigan would sign him.
I liked Sarge but he suffered from his utility value. For some games he was is a different position each week ans therefore unable to find consistent form.
If he replaces Gelling and plays 3 each week then I think he'll turn out fine.
Sarge had good footwork, everything else he was poor at which is why he made a better fist of FB than any other position

his passing (when he bothered) was terrible, and he he wasnt exactly a rock in defence either, bang average player = Kris Welham would of been a better signing if thats the standard we are hoping for
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:That whole article on Wigan Today pretty much sums up what is wrong with Wigan

If taken at face value (obviously nothing is certain yet)

weve let a player go without preparing for their departure
weve signed a woeful player in place who has been crocked nearly an entire season

and somehow despite having very little in the way of "class" in our team we are at cap limit

signing Sarge is a statement about how things at Wigan are stuck in the past

And yet if you take notice of some on here IL and SW are doing a good job, I agree with you we are stuck in the past and have no ambition, that is plain for everyone to see except those that dont want to see it.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Another Wigan player that has not made it over there.Maybe the court case had something to with him wanting to come back.If he does sign as a centre the winger can kiss goodbye to scoring many try's
endoman

Post by endoman »

ian b wrote:
endoman wrote:
ian b wrote:apparently hes signed a 3 year deal
Who with?
with wigan
Ah well, any hope is gone. Can't say anything that's happened since our diabolical end to the season will be making me want to travel for 5 hours to watch any games next year. Shame,