I told you so Josie

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ddtftf

I told you so Josie

Post by ddtftf »

Two months ago I said Gelling was going to NZ Warriors and you said no way as he has taken English citizenship. It now looks likely that my contact was right about him mmmmmmm
DaveO

Re: I told you so Josie

Post by DaveO »

I thought he was just on long term absence of some sort?

If he has signed for NZW or is on loan or permanently it's all rather odd.

shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

Hopefully signed permanent Dave, yes he’s a nice lad but he’s too much of a loose cannon to be a good centre, has one world class game followed by 9 stinkers
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

shawxshark wrote:Hopefully signed permanent Dave, yes he’s a nice lad but he’s too much of a loose cannon to be a good centre, has one world class game followed by 9 stinkers
I am full agreement on that.

It's just a strange way for a player to exit the club if true.

I was under the impression he'd gone to be with his girlfriend who had been injured in an accident which you'd have thought was a few weeks excuse from pre-season or similar given she isn't supposed to be badly injured. Next he's "not available" for all of next season!

Would not surprise me if this is not some sort of strange 12 month loan deal. If so I will be disappointed because he was signed as a project player and for me never really improved so if the club has a chance to cut him loose then they should do so. He's done nothing to warrant the kind of special treatment you might give to a top class international at his peak.

jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

Could someone tell me where it was stated that Gelling was unavailable all next season,I missed that one.
Wiganer123

Post by Wiganer123 »

Or the bit where he has signed for NZW too please?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jao 711 wrote:Could someone tell me where it was stated that Gelling was unavailable all next season,I missed that one.
There is nothing in the press but the idea he won't come back is openly being talked about e.g.

Wigan may look to recruit a new frontline centre if Gelling decides not to return to the club.

Read more at: https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-8904531
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Reading between 2 threads on here. Have a feeling something was said yesterday regarding Gelling and the next few days.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

:eh: :eh:
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

cherry.pie wrote:
ddtftf wrote:Two months ago I said Gelling was going to NZ Warriors and you said no way as he has taken English citizenship. It now looks likely that my contact was right about him mmmmmmm
Why do you keep putting mmmmmmm at the end of every post?

I agree with DaveO in that it's a bit of an odd situation. The mention of him signing for New Zealand Warriors came before he took UK citizenship.

Is it that his girlfriend's accident happened before the news was revealed and that Gelling has taken the steps to get UK citizenship because it makes it easier for him to return? (I assume it makes it easier but I don't know anything about how citizenship works). That would mean going back to New Zealand could only be for a year or two before returning.

I'd hope that the return to New Zealand 'because of his girlfriend's accident' isn't just a smokescreen for him going there to agree a contract because that's just not right.

Means maybe or maybe not ??????