I told you so Josie

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Panchitta Marra

Re: I told you so Josie

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cherry.pie wrote:
ddtftf wrote:Two months ago I said Gelling was going to NZ Warriors and you said no way as he has taken English citizenship. It now looks likely that my contact was right about him mmmmmmm
Why do you keep putting mmmmmmm at the end of every post?

I agree with DaveO in that it's a bit of an odd situation. The mention of him signing for New Zealand Warriors came before he took UK citizenship.

Is it that his girlfriend's accident happened before the news was revealed and that Gelling has taken the steps to get UK citizenship because it makes it easier for him to return? (I assume it makes it easier but I don't know anything about how citizenship works). That would mean going back to New Zealand could only be for a year or two before returning.

I'd hope that the return to New Zealand 'because of his girlfriend's accident' isn't just a smokescreen for him going there to agree a contract because that's just not right.
I don't think Gells girlfriends accident is a smokescreen.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
cherry.pie wrote:
ddtftf wrote:Two months ago I said Gelling was going to NZ Warriors and you said no way as he has taken English citizenship. It now looks likely that my contact was right about him mmmmmmm
Why do you keep putting mmmmmmm at the end of every post?

I agree with DaveO in that it's a bit of an odd situation. The mention of him signing for New Zealand Warriors came before he took UK citizenship.

Is it that his girlfriend's accident happened before the news was revealed and that Gelling has taken the steps to get UK citizenship because it makes it easier for him to return? (I assume it makes it easier but I don't know anything about how citizenship works). That would mean going back to New Zealand could only be for a year or two before returning.

I'd hope that the return to New Zealand 'because of his girlfriend's accident' isn't just a smokescreen for him going there to agree a contract because that's just not right.
I don't think Gells girlfriends accident is a smokescreen.
Well she did have an accident obviously but by his own tweets she wasn't badly injured. He is also merrily tweeting away his usual jokes as is if he has not got a care in the world.

Can still understand him going out there and being allowed to do so by the club but if he ends up leaving for good then we have a player who has simply walked out of the club. If he comes back it's just been another example of poor media management by the club. Wigan Today is treating it as if he has gone for good the way they wording articles saying Sarge is his replacement.

I really don't know what the club is afraid of here. He's either on short term leave, long term leave for a season (though why that should be I don't know) or he's gone. Given the media speculation which is just annoying more fans and reinforcing how out of touch they see the club, why not confirm the situation? This is not some bog standard rumour about a signing or similar.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I'm with you on this Dave, a complete PR shambles by the Club, but isn't that the norm?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Just tell your spectators what is happening its far worse when it leaks out and makes you look un professional as the management of our great club. Sarge is a crocked player so once again we go cheap probably on pay as you play contract. Until we buy big forwards to create go forward our backs will always struggle on the back foot. mmm
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Wandering Warrior wrote:I'm with you on this Dave, a complete PR shambles by the Club, but isn't that the norm?
unfortunately our club have continued to let the fans down by not keeping us informed of what is happening within.As long as fans put up with it then they will continue to do so,i put this down to IL who is the man at the top,but he is happy to let this club conyinue into mediocrity,another average season beckons with no serious signings and the same coach who is not fit for the job.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Wigan have Joe Greenwood on the radar mmm
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

ddtftf wrote:Wigan have Joe Greenwood on the radar mmm
Be a cracking signing. Can’t see it happening though, if he came back he would go back to saints
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah I'd love to see him at Wigan.
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

ddtftf wrote:Wigan have Joe Greenwood on the radar mmm
What happened to signing Ben Currie? Thought he was on our radar
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »