I told you so Josie

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: I told you so Josie

Post by josie andrews »

ddtftf wrote:Two months ago I said Gelling was going to NZ Warriors and you said no way as he has taken English citizenship. It now looks likely that my contact was right about him mmmmmmm
Are you sure I actually said “no way”? Because that is not a term I use.

Or did I say “I can’t see it happening when he has just applied & got British Citizenship”!

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

You said
Gelling has just got British residency so find that hard to believe to.
IMO any decent player would get plenty of offers so NZW's offer wouldn't surprise me at all, saying that though him accepting it when he's just got British residency and at Uni doing media studies is hard to believe.
He posted about his GF's accident and said he'd be back, so tbh if he jumped ship in what would be a sneaky way i'd be disapointed.

Hopefully he'll do the right thing but in any sport loyalty counts for very little.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

It's quite normal for folk to have dual citizenship. My mate's daughter has now got dual British and Irish citizenship since Brexit. She will be another one the NHS will lose.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

If he is going I just wish they’d announce it,it’s tedious waiting for news on such an average player
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:If he is going I just wish they’d announce it,it’s tedious waiting for news on such an average player
But the club like to placate what they assume will be seen as bad news by the fans with what they see as some good news.

If the club thinks fans will see it as bad news to lose Gelling and good news to replace him with Sarge then that shows just how out of touch they are.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Josie's friend wrote:You said
Gelling has just got British residency so find that hard to believe to.
IMO any decent player would get plenty of offers so NZW's offer wouldn't surprise me at all, saying that though him accepting it when he's just got British residency and at Uni doing media studies is hard to believe.
He posted about his GF's accident and said he'd be back, so tbh if he jumped ship in what would be a sneaky way i'd be disapointed.

Hopefully he'll do the right thing but in any sport loyalty counts for very little.
Thank you, couldn’t find what I’d actually said but I knew it wouldn’t have been ‘no way!’
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

fozzieskem wrote:If he is going I just wish they’d announce it,it’s tedious waiting for news on such an average player
Once they say he is gone he will go from average to the level of Connelly, Carmont, Gleeson etc.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

thegimble wrote:
Once they say he is gone he will go from average to the level of Connelly, Carmont, Gleeson etc.
If you go on RLFANS now Sarge is back all you get from the happy clappers is he is an England International don't you know.

It's amazing how a change of circumstance evelates or reduces a players greatness!

Leave Wigan, not fussed anyway, well rid.
Return to Wigan, great player!

wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

DaveO wrote: If you go on RLFANS now Sarge is back all you get from the happy clappers is he is an England International don't you know.

It's amazing how a change of circumstance evelates or reduces a players greatness!

Well at least he was consistent for England :lol:

Played twice in 2014 Four Nations and was on the losing side both times against Australia and NZ and repeated that once in the 2016 Four Nations when he played against (and lost to) NZ and never played rep rugby again. Replaced by Percival :o
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote:
thegimble wrote:
If you go on RLFANS now Sarge is back all you get from the happy clappers is he is an England International don't you know.

You all class me as a ‘Happy Clapper’ but I am not at all happy with the club keep
re-signing players all the time instead of bringing in ‘New Blood’ or promoting from within!