Ryan sutton

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke

Re: Ryan sutton

Post by medlocke »

markill wrote:
medlocke wrote:Why are so many fans pushing for Joel to play at prop, surely we should be looking for a prop to replace a prop and not a has been second row penalty machine who has been living off that try he once scored in a Challenge Cup final 7 years ago
And when Bradford moved Peacock to prop, that was a waste of time too :wink: In all seriousness, many players move forward to the front row as their careers go on.

I don't know if Joel would be a good player to follow that pattern or not, but your gripe about him being a penalty machine is one thing that might reduce if he moves in field, as he'll be less likely to be isolated in defence, so should be more in control of his technique. It also makes him more likely to be spelled so more likely to be less fatigued, another thing that helps reduce penalties conceded.
Another thing that helps reduce penalties conceded by him is not playing him unless there are serious injuries
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

Well.... It's an interesting story, certainly interesting enough for Sky Sports to be reporting it so it is probably a goer especially with Sutton saying he would 100% go if he had the chance. Goodbye Ryan. I won't lose any sleep over this, not one bit. Probably one of the most overrated players we have had in recent years. I don't see what he offers. He has been unnecessarily out of shape ever since he broke into the team and has never done anything about it because in Shaun Wane's eyes he is un-droppable for whatever reason. So yeah Ryan, you go and tell the media about how much you want to go while treating the people that are currently paying your wages like mugs. He can feck right off. Navarette is overdue his chance anyway and is in better shape than Sutton will ever be. We will be fine without even replacing him, especially if the rumour is true about using the money to upgrade Bateman's contract. Bateman clearly want's to stay in the UK for his kid but also clearly wants more money. If we are in comparison levels then Bateman is well worth Suttons contract too. Bye Ryan, you never know, Wane might not be here when it all goes belly up to bail you out. Shame.

Rant over. Sick to the back teeth of our players prostituting themselves out in the media. Arrogant, ignorant turds.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Cherry_Warrior wrote:Well.... It's an interesting story, certainly interesting enough for Sky Sports to be reporting it so it is probably a goer especially with Sutton saying he would 100% go if he had the chance. Goodbye Ryan. I won't lose any sleep over this, not one bit. Probably one of the most overrated players we have had in recent years. I don't see what he offers. He has been unnecessarily out of shape ever since he broke into the team and has never done anything about it because in Shaun Wane's eyes he is un-droppable for whatever reason. So yeah Ryan, you go and tell the media about how much you want to go while treating the people that are currently paying your wages like mugs. He can feck right off. Navarette is overdue his chance anyway and is in better shape than Sutton will ever be. We will be fine without even replacing him, especially if the rumour is true about using the money to upgrade Bateman's contract. Bateman clearly want's to stay in the UK for his kid but also clearly wants more money. If we are in comparison levels then Bateman is well worth Suttons contract too. Bye Ryan, you never know, Wane might not be here when it all goes belly up to bail you out. Shame.

Rant over. Sick to the back teeth of our players prostituting themselves out in the media. Arrogant, ignorant turds.
. I presume you never wanted a better job.
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

jao711 wrote:
Cherry_Warrior wrote:Well.... It's an interesting story, certainly interesting enough for Sky Sports to be reporting it so it is probably a goer especially with Sutton saying he would 100% go if he had the chance. Goodbye Ryan. I won't lose any sleep over this, not one bit. Probably one of the most overrated players we have had in recent years. I don't see what he offers. He has been unnecessarily out of shape ever since he broke into the team and has never done anything about it because in Shaun Wane's eyes he is un-droppable for whatever reason. So yeah Ryan, you go and tell the media about how much you want to go while treating the people that are currently paying your wages like mugs. He can feck right off. Navarette is overdue his chance anyway and is in better shape than Sutton will ever be. We will be fine without even replacing him, especially if the rumour is true about using the money to upgrade Bateman's contract. Bateman clearly want's to stay in the UK for his kid but also clearly wants more money. If we are in comparison levels then Bateman is well worth Suttons contract too. Bye Ryan, you never know, Wane might not be here when it all goes belly up to bail you out. Shame.

I am always on the look out, like most people are. What i don't do is let my current employers (who have been gracious enough to employ me) that i want out. And in the real world of every day working class people we generally appreciate that we have a job to do and EARN the right to ask for a pay rise or move onto pasture new for better money. Sportsmen use the media as some kind of bargaining tool to force their employers hand. It stinks.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Cherry_Warrior wrote:
jao711 wrote:

I am always on the look out, like most people are. What i don't do is let my current employers (who have been gracious enough to employ me) that i want out. And in the real world of every day working class people we generally appreciate that we have a job to do and EARN the right to ask for a pay rise or move onto pasture new for better money. Sportsmen use the media as some kind of bargaining tool to force their employers hand. It stinks.
According to the story on Love Rugby League he has been given permission to speak to NRL clubs.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Im not backing meds in any way but when was the last time joel broke a tackle or made good yards in a run? Only thing hes doing well at the moment is a very good quick play the ball....... too compare him moving to prop compared to peacock is ludicrous
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

U ve said it before, so i remain consistent but why is it oou players are always touted to Aussie Clubs. For me as a paying specie it brasses me off no end. if i was looking at a young English prop, i d be looking over the hill at young Thompson.

For some reason always seems to be a Wigan player. I do like Sutty by the way but not sure he is NRL standard
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

acwrlfc wrote:U ve said it before, so i remain consistent but why is it oou players are always touted to Aussie Clubs. For me as a paying specie it brasses me off no end. if i was looking at a young English prop, i d be looking over the hill at young Thompson.

For some reason always seems to be a Wigan player. I do like Sutty by the way but not sure he is NRL standard
i think its the recent trend in aus as a lot of brit forwards seem to make it over there........ which cant be said about most british backs over there
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Firestarter wrote:I think its the recent trend in aus as a lot of brit forwards seem to make it over there........ which cant be said about most british backs over there
I remember asking on an Aussie forum some years back who they considered the last English back to be successful Down Under, and the guy they mentioned, to be quite honest, I'd never heard of him! It was quite a while ago, and he certainly wasn't a household name.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

jao711 wrote:

We all want better jobs but arrogance is another thing. Still a raw kid imo at this stage will never make it in nrl. One thing I am 100% sure of if I employed him and he told me he was looking for another job. he would be sweeping the yard now and I would be putting someone in his place that wanted to be there and would give his all. Not rocket science really.