Ryan sutton

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Ryan sutton

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:If we lose both FPN and Sutton this season then we need to recruit.
Navarrette is a good replacement but we haven't had any injuries to our props which is the most attritional position of them all.
I prefer to buy in rather than expose some of the U19s lads to playing prop in the first team which by the sounds of it could be for
over half of the season.

Who would we bring in and at this stage be prepared to pay a fee for?
Kopczak.
Neil Battye from London Broncos looks a very decent impact player also.
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Ryan has received offers from several Aussie clubs but no deal has been agreed yet. He is still waiting for Wigan to make him an offer!
He asked for a release at the end of last season and was refused. Only reason he is still at Wigan at the moment
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Ryan has received offers from several Aussie clubs but no deal has been agreed yet. He is still waiting for Wigan to make him an offer!
He asked for a release at the end of last season and was refused. Only reason he is still at Wigan at the moment
They should of released him his size and skill level will never get a senior game in the NRL. Crosby imo would of stood a chance in the NRL
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If Ryan Sutton were to leave in the next few weeks and a replacement brought in, Kopcjak as SEFC suggested. We would then have Flower, Clubb, Joel perhaps plus Kopcjack who are around the 30/31 age group and are likely to stay and see their careers out at Wigan. TT is still there and will probably see out his contract.
It's only Navarrette who is much younger but I can't see him going anywhere if he keeps up his current form.

The prop forward places would be stable and the opportunity there to give the U19s lads a run out as and when it is felt right. They would have very experienced men around them to guide them around.
si_bax

Post by si_bax »

"In my head, I'm playing to the end of the year," he said. "I want to do well for Wigan and win some silverware because we came unstuck last year."

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/n ... l-interest

will probably leave next week now he has said that
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Wiganer Ted wrote:If Ryan Sutton were to leave in the next few weeks and a replacement brought in, Kopcjak as SEFC suggested. We would then have Flower, Clubb, Joel perhaps plus Kopcjack who are around the 30/31 age group and are likely to stay and see their careers out at Wigan. TT is still there and will probably see out his contract.
It's only Navarrette who is much younger but I can't see him going anywhere if he keeps up his current form.

The prop forward places would be stable and the opportunity there to give the U19s lads a run out as and when it is felt right. They would have very experienced men around them to guide them around.
Our present set of props is the worst in super league, for Wake who should know this position more than anyone it's a disgrace. It would be like Rads not being able to spot a good full back.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Josie's friend wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:If Ryan Sutton were to leave in the next few weeks and a replacement brought in, Kopcjak as SEFC suggested. We would then have Flower, Clubb, Joel perhaps plus Kopcjack who are around the 30/31 age group and are likely to stay and see their careers out at Wigan. TT is still there and will probably see out his contract.

Our present set of props is the worst in super league, for Wake who should know this position more than anyone it's a disgrace. It would be like Rads not being able to spot a good full back.
Or like Charnley coming back on the wing
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Why are so many fans pushing for Joel to play at prop, surely we should be looking for a prop to replace a prop and not a has been second row penalty machine who has been living off that try he once scored in a Challenge Cup final 7 years ago
markill

Post by markill »

medlocke wrote:Why are so many fans pushing for Joel to play at prop, surely we should be looking for a prop to replace a prop and not a has been second row penalty machine who has been living off that try he once scored in a Challenge Cup final 7 years ago
And when Bradford moved Peacock to prop, that was a waste of time too :wink: In all seriousness, many players move forward to the front row as their careers go on.

I don't know if Joel would be a good player to follow that pattern or not, but your gripe about him being a penalty machine is one thing that might reduce if he moves in field, as he'll be less likely to be isolated in defence, so should be more in control of his technique. It also makes him more likely to be spelled so more likely to be less fatigued, another thing that helps reduce penalties conceded.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

markill wrote:
medlocke wrote:Why are so many fans pushing for Joel to play at prop, surely we should be looking for a prop to replace a prop and not a has been second row penalty machine who has been living off that try he once scored in a Challenge Cup final 7 years ago
And when Bradford moved Peacock to prop, that was a waste of time too :wink: In all seriousness, many players move forward to the front row as their careers go on.

I don't know if Joel would be a good player to follow that pattern or not, but your gripe about him being a penalty machine is one thing that might reduce if he moves in field, as he'll be less likely to be isolated in defence, so should be more in control of his technique. It also makes him more likely to be spelled so more likely to be less fatigued, another thing that helps reduce penalties conceded.

In all seriousness your not comparing Peacock to joel Tomkins. Peacock is one of very few to thrive in sl era. Agree with meds does not make sense not to replace a prop with a prop. We are already paper light.