Wigan Scouting Aussie Talent

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: Wigan Scouting Aussie Talent

Post by fozzieskem »

old hooker wrote:Looking for young Aussie talent is a good policy but something tells me that any promising players would allready have been snapped up within the NRL.
Of course they will, realistically the super league clubs are looking at the level lower than that one I suspect
moto748

Post by moto748 »

You could equally say that NRL clubs can't take them all and give them first-team footy; Australia produces too much young talent for that.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

medlocke wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
medlocke wrote:Everybody is available, Surely you should know that Mr Lenagan, after all you did sell some of our players mid contract :thum:
I do Mr Ah Van. I am glad the possibilities you listed are always injury free. Which one would I play at centre? :conf:
:lol: well Ian it would have to be J Carney for centre obviously :wink:
. A shadow of his former self.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

oldhooker wrote:
Wes wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:Wes
You are happy nurturing players for the NRL?
Obviously!
It's not about moaning, it's about the reality of the situation. The fact two of the top men have stated it in a round about way should be a bit of a pointer?
You carry on as you think but don't expect others not to think deeper!
Think deeper ha it’s hardly rocket science!
What would you like the club to do to compete with the NRL with a third or less of the NRL cap?

Team full of wiganers? Wait we hate that it doesn’t work!
I know resign players who come back? No wait we don’t like that either!
How about sign younger Aussies? Oh hang on why do we need to do that when we have our own academy tut that’s it we don’t want a team of locals!
Let’s sign average players or project players? Nope can’t do that as we moan at that too!

Our salary cap is not going to match the NRL’s anytime soon so why don’t we make the best of the current situation and be realistic? Oh wait we are trying that and surprise surprise - moan!

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

If you however have it all figured out WW please share, I’d love to hear how you would make us more successful as a club and a business?
Thats it then, we should not moan, just sit back and rejoice that we finished 6th in SL, played boring rugby and won nothing.
. And that’s what all this is about. We won nothing! Sometimes it happens ,get used to it,Man U and city fans have had to in spite of all the money they spend. Mind you we are still WC Champions .Some May talk it down but believe me Cronulla didn’t come to lose. Count your blessings.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

jao711 wrote:
medlocke wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: I do Mr Ah Van. I am glad the possibilities you listed are always injury free. Which one would I play at centre? :conf:
:lol: well Ian it would have to be J Carney for centre obviously :wink:
. A shadow of his former self.
And still better than Sargey :lol:
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

better than Sargey :lol:
How did he play in his last game at centre Mr Carney? His injury record isnt very good, but his disciplinary record both on and away from the field is worse and the real problem. Still Carney a injury prone ill disciplined winger at centre with Ah Van a injury prone slow winger would have been great ... especially for those of us with a sense of humour. We could then have signed a talented injury prone standoff with off field problems which is tge main reason he's been in SL in Todd Carney and I thought I was mad????????
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

lucky 13 wrote:
better than Sargey :lol:
How did he play in his last game at centre Mr Carney? His injury record isnt very good, but his disciplinary record both on and away from the field is worse and the real problem. Still Carney a injury prone ill disciplined winger at centre with Ah Van a injury prone slow winger would have been great ... especially for those of us with a sense of humour. We could then have signed a talented injury prone standoff with off field problems which is tge main reason he's been in SL in Todd Carney and I thought I was mad????????
Are they not Wigan standard?
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Ah Van ..no Marshall, Davies,Burgess and Manfriedi are all better. Todd Carney with the amount of game time and form he has shown post NRL even without his off field baggage no. Carney as a winger I would rather stick with the four we have post his first season form and on/off field behaviour since. Him as a centre is that a serious question???
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

medlocke wrote:And still better than Sargey :lol:
So was Gelling. Considerably.

Do we really have to have these quotes-within-quotes-within-quotes? It makes threads so long and hard to read.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

moto748 wrote:
medlocke wrote:And still better than Sargey :lol:
So was Gelling. Considerably.

Do we really have to have these quotes-within-quotes-within-quotes? It makes threads so long and hard to read.
I agree, but after six years he should have been a top performer and not an inconsistent project player, it was his time to go, shame about his replacement