Hardaker!!!!

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: Hardaker!!!!

Post by fozzieskem »

It does seem to be gathering pace this one, still think it'll come to naught but its not going away.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Just got an email from Love Rugby League with this as the main headline

does seem to be a lot of smoke around this
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I hope it's true
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I dont get why we would sign a player ,that potentially wont play for two years...... do wigan know something we dont?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Firestarter wrote:I dont get why we would sign a player ,that potentially wont play for two years...... do wigan know something we dont?
my thoughts as well. If we sign him I think he could start straight away.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Fujiman wrote:
Firestarter wrote:I dont get why we would sign a player ,that potentially wont play for two years...... do wigan know something we dont?
Because word has it that it is only going to be a 12 week ban
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

medlocke wrote:
Fujiman wrote:
which would mean it's already been spent?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Fujiman wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Fujiman wrote:my thoughts as well. If we sign him I think he could start straight away.
which would mean it's already been spent?
Retrospective was the word i read
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

This does seem to be gathering a lot of pace and no one has come out to squash it yet but there are three elephants in the room here

1) castleford - why would they let him go? I follow him on Instagram and he has been hanging around with the cas lads and training in cas gear - seems weird he would be cast aside without a substantial monetary incentive to do so

2) position and requirements - we have 2 full backs who are good enough to start, we also signed a centre that somehow wane thinks is good enough to start so if we were to sign Zak as a centre that would mean sarge would need to make way.

3) wage - Zak could command big wage even with his history certainly at the likes of Salford for example where he is a class above their squad. Assuming for a minute that we pay for this with fpn wage that means we are losing a forward in an already lightweight pack - so we would need to spend that money on a forward not another back and we certainly couldn’t afford both with the wage Zak would command
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Salary Cap wise there would appear to be linkage between FPN possibly going and maybe Hardaker arriving.

It may depend on what Cas want and any agreement between them and Wigan RL. A rumour a while back was that IL had met the player in London. That could only be done with Cas's permission granted for us to speak with Hardaker.
So what's the deal?
Are Cas about to sack him on formal announcement of the drug test results? For us to sign him they would have had to relinquish his registration at Cas.
Would there be a fee/player exchange?

All great for the Rumour Mill.