Hardaker!!!!

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: Hardaker!!!!

Post by fozzieskem »

Josie's friend wrote:
Fawdoffshed wrote:I was under the impression that drugs had no place in sport, rugby league being no exception. If so, then Wigan should, nay MUST stand by this and have no more interest in anyone who has been caught taking illegal drugs - game enhancing, recreationally, or otherwise.

What message is this sending out to impressionable youngsters?
Players are not role models and people should stop expecting them to be, if a kid looks to any sports star on how to behave then they haven't been brought up right.
Plus Wigan have no place on any high horse with what we let our players get away with
Thank the lord someone thinks the same as myself..unless an individual has a syringe hanging out their arm or high on E while they’re playing why should hold them any higher just because they chase a ball for a living?

Utter madness..I wasn’t a choir boy in my youth so let them have at it,and if that includes drugs that’s personal choice,just don’t come running when you get caught is all
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I’d say it’s P.R for the club myself..

I’d also say that the majority of kids “look up” to footballers,the kind that earn hundreds of thousand a month not sure I’d call those role models either.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Every SL club would find a place for Ben Barba, he was done for the same thing as hardaker.

Just saying.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Wes wrote:Every SL club would find a place for Ben Barba, he was done for the same thing as hardaker.

Just saying.
Very true.

Hardakers problem is that he isn't as personable as Barba, so maybe that affects people's perception of him and anything he gets accused of.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

I don’t recall Barba beating students up, getting done for throwing homophobic abuse at match officials or getting thrown out of a World Cup squad on the eve of a tournament for boozing (he may have done these things and much more but I wouldn’t know).

It isn’t only the drug use that makes people think we should stay clear of Hardaker.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

NICKYKISS wrote:I don’t recall Barba beating students up, getting done for throwing homophobic abuse at match officials or getting thrown out of a World Cup squad on the eve of a tournament for boozing (he may have done these things and much more but I wouldn’t know).

It isn’t only the drug use that makes people think we should stay clear of Hardaker.
Yes, exactly that!
Wes

Post by Wes »

The antics that went on 10 year ago where way worse than what goes on now, only difference, social media.

Perception is a good point. Hardaker will be at another top club before his career is over.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

NICKYKISS wrote:I don’t recall Barba beating students up, getting done for throwing homophobic abuse at match officials or getting thrown out of a World Cup squad on the eve of a tournament for boozing (he may have done these things and much more but I wouldn’t know).

It isn’t only the drug use that makes people think we should stay clear of
This!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Hmm. As per some of the BTL comments there, you have to wonder, what's in it for Cas?