fpn

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
widdenoldboy

Re: fpn

Post by widdenoldboy »

So a chunk of salary cap is freed up - I'd like us to look for a decent front row replacement but at this late stage who is available?
lucky 13

Re: fpn

Post by lucky 13 »

DaveO wrote:
So if true that will be two players who will have quit the club when contracted to it to join NRL sides (assuming FPN gets a slot at Newcastle) . First Gelling and now FPN.

I am sure plenty will not mourn FPN doing so but the club needs to do something or contracts will be worth even less than before. Never mind getting a fee for our players if they want out of a contract early to go and play in the NRL, they can just walk out, get on a plane and start a career with an NRL side without even saying "bye".
I think Gels was compassionate and I understand the clubs and player decision.
FPN is a gift to the club. I imagine if they had wanted or it was needed they could/would have refused or sought monetary compensation.
Wigan have played it right with FPN he wasn't coming back; but then when he couldn't get a gig in NRL for same money he turned up. Wigan played the long game, I imagine he was looking for us to pick up the shortfall in his contract and pay him off. With his family over there it was a matter of time before he broke and we did it the right way. Maybe a patments veen made maybe not if so it wont be near what he was hoping. So we lose an expensive signing who never lived up to his reputation or contract. The clubs done well on this occasion for me.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!