Shaun Edwards

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
moto748

Re: Shaun Edwards

Post by moto748 »

I was watching that old cup game on Wigan TV the other night against Hull KR, 1990 or something? I thought then, a modern SL ref would have blown up for 40-50% of the tackles. It was a totally different game back then.
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

The Guardian mentions the return of a halfback from union to RL that will make the back pages....

Edwards to Wigan or Catalan ...?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Well it won't be Owen Farrell...
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Big Steve wrote:The Guardian mentions the return of a halfback from union to RL that will make the back pages....

Eastmond
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Much more likely, but a big injury risk I think.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Big Steve wrote:The Guardian mentions the return of a halfback from union to RL that will make the back pages....

Reading the comments a lot are saying George Ford.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

DaveO wrote:

Is he good enough for Wigan?
jobo

Post by jobo »

medlocke wrote:
DaveO wrote:

Ford is being paid 1/2 a million a year from his contract with Leicester and on top of that, he's got his England contract plus lucrative sponsorship deals which when totalled together could mean he's on something approaching or exceeding, the million mark.

Not saying every SL side wouldn't be able to afford him but would they want to?

Personally, I think he's a very good player but not an absolute match winner in the way jiffy was.

Think if anything, Eastmond would be a more realistic choice for a switch.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote:
DaveO wrote:

No idea. Both Eastmond and Ford have been away from the game for so long (I don't think Ford ever played RL at senior level did he?) and I have not watched enough RU to form an opinion about either of them as to if they (still) have the skills to be RL half backs.

If there is a halfback from Union coming I think my preference is still for Edwards. Of course if he does come it might not be to Wigan but to Les Cats.
ian b

Post by ian b »

article in the paper stating Edwards is coming to Wigan. It states he applied for the Warrington job when Smith left.