Shaun Edwards

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: Shaun Edwards

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: When Wigan won their first Wembley that I can remember, while we had Kenny and Ferguson, players like Dunn, Courtney, Kiss, Campbell and Donlan would never get within a million miles of the current team. Not to say that I didn't enjoy watching them.
Wow. You ought to be a politician the way you spin things to suit your argument. You are of course referring to the 1985 classic Wigan v Hull cup final. And while we had Kenny and Ferguson we also had Edwards, Gill, Stephenson, Case, G West and Mick Potter. As well as Mick Ford who at 18 had a top game opposite Sterling. All of whom are (or should I say were) of a quality we lack today.

You also ignore Hull who had Schofield on the bench!

I can't be bothered listing the top class Hull players as well but good grief if you think SL today has the quality of players seen in that final on both sides you are so wide of the mark it's untrue.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

DaveO wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote: When Wigan won their first Wembley that I can remember, while we had Kenny and Ferguson, players like Dunn, Courtney, Kiss, Campbell and Donlan would never get within a million miles of the current team. Not to say that I didn't enjoy watching them.
Wow. You ought to be a politician the way you spin things to suit your argument. You are of course referring to the 1985 classic Wigan v Hull cup final. And while we had Kenny and Ferguson we also had Edwards, Gill, Stephenson, Case, G West and Mick Potter. As well as Mick Ford who at 18 had a top game opposite Sterling. All of whom are (or should I say were) of a quality we lack today.

I can't be bothered listing the top class Hull players as well but good grief if you think SL today has the quality of players seen in that final on both sides you are so wide of the mark it's untrue.
if the ball steal was allowed again Kiss would walk into any team..... just on the 85 final, as i remember , Donlan only touched tge ball once and it was an interception as i remember
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

You can put this thread to bed, Shaun is considering three really good offers from RU clubs said so yesterday, never putin for Warrington job either.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

We can put this to bed as we are all so wide of the mark apart from DaveO it is untrue.
I would have thought that Shaun would be open to a conversation with us, given his close ties. Let’s face it, which Wiganer in their right mind would work in god forsaken soulless dumps like Northampton, Leicester or Coventry?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:We can put this to bed as we are all so wide of the mark apart from DaveO it is untrue.
I would have thought that Shaun would be open to a conversation with us, given his close ties. Let’s face it, which Wiganer in their right mind would work in god forsaken soulless dumps like Northampton, Leicester or Coventry?
You should know by now he's never wrong?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Just seen a comment on Facebook from a former member off here saying Edwards has signed for Les Catalans, anybody else heard anything?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote:Just seen a comment on Facebook from a former member off here saying Edwards has signed for Les Catalans, anybody else heard anything?
Think I mentioned something similar earlier in the thread ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote:
medlocke wrote:Just seen a comment on Facebook from a former member off here saying Edwards has signed for Les Catalans, anybody else heard anything?
Must have missed that Josie
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Must have missed that Josie
“josie andrews" wrote:
Edwards & Gatland’s contracts are up for Wales at the end of the season, so both could be re-newed.

Also, Shaun likes the South of France having visited & stayed there regularly :roll:

You never know! Catalan?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

DaveO wrote:

Donlan who played for GB and not long won the league with leigh?....non from that era would walk into any super league team as their tackling technique would be classed as 'dubious' at best