Hardaker to Wigan edges closer

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Hardaker to Wigan edges closer

Post by Mike »

Hardaker to Wigan on a non-marquis salary with Sam to catalans makes this move make a lot more likely to me.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Mike wrote:Hardaker to Wigan on a non-marquis salary with Sam to catalans makes this move make a lot more likely to me.
And how much does a marquis earn these days, Mike? :D
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

morley pie eater wrote:
Mike wrote:Hardaker to Wigan on a non-marquis salary with Sam to catalans makes this move make a lot more likely to me.
And how much does a marquis earn these days, Mike? :D
Heh. Always proof read your post eh? :D I obviously meant Marquee like the tent you have at weddings.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Sounds a bit desperate to me. Club prepared to risk signing a player with a very dodgy record on the cheap because he basically needs a job so it doesn't need to pay a proovan player the salary he can command in SL.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

DaveO wrote: Sounds a bit desperate to me. Club prepared to risk signing a player with a very dodgy record on the cheap because he basically needs a job so it doesn't need to pay a proovan player the salary he can command in SL.
So do you think the club should be prepared to match whatever deal (4 years? Big money?) Sam may have been offered to keep him at Wigan, Dave?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

moto748 wrote:
DaveO wrote: Sounds a bit desperate to me. Club prepared to risk signing a player with a very dodgy record on the cheap because he basically needs a job so it doesn't need to pay a proovan player the salary he can command in SL.
So do you think the club should be prepared to match whatever deal (4 years? Big money?) Sam may have been offered to keep him at Wigan, Dave?
If they want a player of his class in the side I do not see the alternative but to offer these kinds of deal if others are prepared to.

What Sam can get from Les Cats sets his worth within the realm of SL. It's level playing field here as we are not trying to do the impossible and compete on wages with the NRL (or RU). If we want to keep him, there is nothing stopping us financially.

Players like Sam do not grow on trees. He is one of those at the top of the pile within SL so it's a question of whether or not Wigan want to employ such players and if they are prepared to pay the going rate.

If Wigan are baulking at this kind of a deal for Sam I don't see how they can ever attract and retain players of equal standard. There are few if any Lockers clones who are loyal and few class players period so they can command high wages and long deals.

If Wigan think that is risky or whatever so won't do it then they have to accept we will have a squad with few if any truly class players in it. Not the kind of Wigan side I want to see and I suspect not one that is going to be competing as well as we expect.

lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I think we have to see who stays and leaves before making any judgement.
When it comes to cap and money spent I can only think of mayve Saints running two marquees. So we are one of the if not the top speders.
The likes of Sam dont come around often though Im not sure hes worth a marquee spot dependant on if we use it on another player and which player that turns out to be.
If you take like for like and look at Saints they have Barba... we have Sam. Roby/Lockers Walmsley/Bateman I dont see how this equates to our squad being average we then have Williams who while not being as bad as most say is still short of Marquee upto now. The rest are like for like and I would say we are stronger but Im biased.
If Sam left and hes replaced by Hardaker, we can get Bateman on a better deal and also bring in a Marquee half or centre would that not be 5 of one 7 of the other?[/youtube]
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

lucky 13 wrote: If Sam left and hes replaced by Hardaker, we can get Bateman on a better deal and also bring in a Marquee half or centre would that not be 5 of one 7 of the other?[/youtube]
If, if, if. Sam is here and our player now who we have an option to keep. What about running a settled squad for a change like Leeds have managed previously?

No sooner do we show some improvement we seem to be looking to fiddle with the sides makeup and get rid of a key player in that revival who incidentally also looks to have solved the goal kicking issue. :eusa17:
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

DaveO wrote:
moto748 wrote:
DaveO wrote: Sounds like a a bit desperate to me. Club prepared to risk signing a player with a very dodgy record on the cheap because he basically needs a job so it doesn't need to pay a proovan player the salary he can command in SL.
If they want a player of his class in the side I do not see the alternative but to offer these kinds of deal if others are prepared to.

What Sam can get from Les Cats sets his worth within the realm of SL. It's level playing field here as we are not trying to do the impossible and compete on wages with the NRL (or RU). If we want to keep him, there is nothing stopping us financially.

Players like Sam do not grow on trees. He is one of those at the top of the pile within SL so it's a question of whether or not Wigan want to employ such players and if they are prepared to pay the going rate.

If Wigan are baulking at this kind of a deal for Sam I don't see how they can ever attract and retain players of equal standard. There are few if any Lockers clones who are loyal and few class players period so they can command high wages and long deals.

If Wigan think that is risky or whatever so won't do it then they have to accept we will have a squad with few if any truly class players in it. Not the kind of Wigan side I want to see and I suspect not one that is going to be competing as well as we expect.
Are my if in some way inferior to your Sounds, IF, If, If ... read the first line I said we dont know whats happening... It looks highley likeley that Sam may leave. Who apart from Saints with Barba(he may not be here next season) have a better squad?
This us a rumour thread its made up of ifs buts and maybe's.[/b]
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Sam has gone RIP to the dungeon of no return Dilly dilly