Hardaker to Wigan edges closer

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ancientnloyal

Re: Hardaker to Wigan edges closer

Post by ancientnloyal »

What job around the ground could possibly be worth £52,000/yr?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wes

Post by Wes »

ancientnloyal wrote:What job around the ground could possibly be worth £52,000/yr?
Building our new one when Latics’ new owners kick us out of the DW :lol:
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Firestarter wrote:ATTACKING COACH???
After last Friday can I suggest litter picker?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Fawdoffshed wrote:
old hooker wrote:
Fawdoffshed wrote:I envisage a drop in support for Wigan should this happen.
Support will increase make no mistake, Hardaker is a class act and a crowd pleaser. Whether we should sign him is another matter but top players draw crowds.

I'm of the old brigade, I suppose and my previous words probably didn't reflect that we now live in a different world where wrongdoings and law-breaking are viewed more leniently and seemingly accepted as the norm. Yes, I'm naive to think that nowadays, but on a personal note I, for one, will not be rushing to the DW to watch him play should Wigan sign him. I'll have to live with cutting my nose off to spite my face, but that's the it is for many of my generation. Rightly or wrongly.
I'm with you on this. I don't want him anywhere near the club. It won't stop me going to the games though as I support the team not the player, I was one of the few who wanted Bateman sacked.
If he is found guilty and serves his two year ban then MAYBE I'll look at it differently but I don't want a Barba scenario where we are looking at getting round the situation.
And please don't give me "lot's of players do it. I know that. I was always taught two (or more) wrongs don't make a right!!
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Old school Brian . A drying breed unfortunately :(

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I don't know about the whole "things are treated more leniently these days" thing, our memories of the past are always selective and unreliable. But in the specific case of Hardaker, I don't want him at the club either.

If it was *only* the drugs (yes, it is commonplace, and I'm not casting any stones here either)... but it isn't. It's more than the guy is a complete bell-end who has already let down two clubs. Why should we queue up to be the third?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Could one of the sites experts please list all of Hardakers offences and subsequent court cases please, i think it would be interesting just to see how evil he is, thank you
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Exactly, Meds. Especially when you compare his past misdemeanors with idiots like Scott Moore and Rangi Chase, how many clubs have those guys let down? Of those three, I'd take Hardaker any day, there's a chance a ban might just sort him out.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

bill.inger wrote:Exactly, Meds. Especially when you compare his past misdemeanors with idiots like Scott Moore and Rangi Chase, how many clubs have those guys let down? Of those three, I'd take Hardaker any day, there's a chance a ban might just sort him out.
Or the new Saint of Saints Ben Barba more issues with him than ZH.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

bill.inger wrote:Exactly, Meds. Especially when you compare his past misdemeanors with idiots like Scott Moore and Rangi Chase, how many clubs have those guys let down? Of those three, I'd take Hardaker any day, there's a chance a ban might just sort him out.
Logic fail, surely? Those who say they wouldn't want Hardaker at the club (such as myself) would presumably be opposed to signing Moore or Chase as well. The fact that there's more than one idiot in the world is neither here nor there.