Hardaker to Wigan edges closer

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
moto748

Re: Hardaker to Wigan edges closer

Post by moto748 »

thegimble wrote:
Or the new Saint of Saints Ben Barba more issues with him than ZH.
Bet you wouldn't be saying that if we'd got his signature rather than Saints!

Personally I don't think Barba *does* have more issues than ZH, anyway. That's my POV, you don't have to agree with it.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

moto748 wrote:
thegimble wrote:
Or the new Saint of Saints Ben Barba more issues with him than ZH.
Bet you wouldn't be saying that if we'd got his signature rather than Saints!

Personally I don't think Barba *does* have more issues than ZH, anyway. That's my POV, you don't have to agree with it.
Posted a post on him on another thread 2-3 weeks ago here is the list and it includes hitting a woman.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-08/b ... rl/8004488
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

[quote

Logic fail, surely? Those who say they wouldn't want Hardaker at the club (such as myself) would presumably be opposed to signing Moore or Chase as well. The fact that there's more than one idiot in the world is neither here nor there.[/quote]

I know exactly where you're coming from Moto, the club are in a sensitive position here 'cos there's a player we, and most other clubs would like but he's got issues. In the eighties, Wigan signed two outstanding players from Bradford (well one was ex Bradford) and both were close to being prosecuted for a string of offences. Wigan chose to take them on knowing they were the better players the club needed. Wigan have also offloaded players because of their disciplinary records but these players were easily replaceable. Jon Clarke, Martin Aspinwall come to mind. They took a chance with Gill and Hanley and it worked out well. Taking Hardaker on board would be a problem a lot of clubs could't handle but if we're going to rule the roost again, then maybe it could start with him.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

How many fans will say he should not be playing for Wigan if he has a blinder and wins a CC or a GF.?
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

old hooker wrote:How many fans will say he should not be playing for Wigan if he has a blinder and wins a CC or a GF.?
If he serves his two year ban, then he can have a chance, although personally I don't want him near the club.

What if he gets caught again two weeks before a CC of GF and disrupts the team?

Barba should have been banned for four years IMO.

As for the stupid comment about Chase and Moore, how many sensible Wigan fans would ever want either of those two anywhere near the club?
ian b

Post by ian b »

No straw damn us wrote:
old hooker wrote:How many fans will say he should not be playing for Wigan if he has a blinder and wins a CC or a GF.?
If he serves his two year ban, then he can have a chance, although personally I don't want him near the club.

As for the stupid comment about Chase and Moore, how many sensible Wigan fans would ever want either of those two anywhere near the club?
has he got a 2 year ban ?
Wes

Post by Wes »

ian b wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:

has he got a 2 year ban ?
As of yet he’s suspended awaiting investigation.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

How do we all feel about Bradley Wiggins? I think he's in our hall of fame ( may have just dreamt it) but has been trashed this week re drugs.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Fujiman wrote:How do we all feel about Bradley Wiggins? I think he's in our hall of fame ( may have just dreamt it) but has been trashed this week re drugs.
I'm at a loss to understand what he is guilty of! As far as I can see he did not break any rules.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I don't follow the sport closely, but that was my understanding too.