Sam to Catalan?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Sam to Catalan?

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:Ha! Very good. It may have been slightly intemperate. Was very enjoyable to write though. V cathartic.
:lol: :wink:

You do have valid points to be fair exile but bloody hell you are getting your point across!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:If you are suggesting that Lockers is less committed to Wigan than Tomkins you are off your rocker.
No, I am accusing you of double standards. Despite Tomkins still being able to do 80 minutes whereas Lockers has not been for several seasons just because it looks like Tomkins might be off you are trying to justify it by making out he's a crock.
Tomkins won’t be playing against Widnes because of a poorly foot, just as he didn’t go head to head with barba because of feeling a bit icky. See how many games we have got from him over the last 2 1/2 years (and consider in how many of those he made a telling contribution). 100k per game at a conservative estimate.
Hardaker plays a lot of games and contributes a lot when he is playing. His many problems are from off the field matters. He has played far more games than Tomkins since his last decent season 6 years ago.
What a load of straw man rubbish. You are just making stuff up so you can question Tomkins attitude and agree with yourself. You are having to make stuff up to try and make out he's a bad 'un so you can justify signing Hardaker with all the proven negatives associated with him.

If Tomkins doesn't play v Widnes because of the pitch that is Wane's decision not his. It's one game he'd be rested from whereas you are happy to have Lockers treated with kid gloves every game. Double standards.
You seem to want to build up his performances this year - he has been ok but nothing stunning. Williams stats as ever look far more impressive.
I watch the games. You can read the stats if you want. No one on planet earth thinks Williams is having a good season despite the stats. There is even a thread about him not being worth his marquee status. It's not about Williams though. It's obvious Lockers and Sam are key to what is going on.
Finally, his behaviour this month (before giving up the ghost and skiving this week end), has been a disgrace - allowing infinite coverage of his move to the league’s worst club without once stating any commitment or gratitude to the club for our support and the vast amounts we have paid him to injure himself and sit in the gym.’
You best the best till last I see :) What a load of tripe! It's up to the club not him to decide when it wants to announce his future. The lack of information despite the comments from Les Cats about their interest lies at their door, not his. If he is off and club have agreed this we can only wonder why they don't tell us but he is certainly not going to break silence before the club announces anything whether he is staying or going. Suggesting his lack of comment on the issue is disgraceful behaviour is as unrealistic as it is pathetic.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

350k for what let him go with pleasure
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

moto748

Post by moto748 »

DaveO wrote:
If Tomkins doesn't play v Widnes because of the pitch that is Wane's decision not his.
Tobe fair, that's your assumption, not fact. None of us know for sure how much Tomkins had input into that decision.
DaveO wrote:
You best the best till last I see :) What a load of tripe! It's up to the club not him to decide when it wants to announce his future. The lack of information despite the comments from Les Cats about their interest lies at their door, not his. If he is off and club have agreed this we can only wonder why they don't tell us but he is certainly not going to break silence before the club announces anything whether he is staying or going. Suggesting his lack of comment on the issue is disgraceful behaviour is as unrealistic as it is pathetic.
I do fear that your determination to hammer into the ground every poster who disagrees with you is shutting off debate, rather than encouraging it.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I can't do the cut and paste thing, but the following are reasonable opinions:
- Lockers is more committed to the club than Sam;
- Sam's not playing because of a bad foot (I tend to believe what the club says) continues a long trend - since 2012 really - of him skipping games. A lot of games;
- I have watched all except one of our games and am happy with what Williams is doing. Others aren't, of course. I am sure we are all agreed that his side had been very dangerous indeed;
- I am irked that we have heard not one word from him to show the club in a good light. I think he owes us a great deal, and his public courting Catalans has done the club no favours. It would have cost him nothing to reiterate his commitment to the club, and he has had the chance to do so.

None of these positions is outlandish, though a couple encompass my own interpretations, and hence are opinions rather than demonstrable facts (like stats on try assists, for instance).
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:I can't do the cut and paste thing, but the following are reasonable opinions:
- Lockers is more committed to the club than Sam;
- Sam's not playing because of a bad foot (I tend to believe what the club says) continues a long trend - since 2012 really - of him skipping games. A lot of games;
- I have watched all except one of our games and am happy with what Williams is doing. Others aren't, of course. I am sure we are all agreed that his side had been very dangerous indeed;
- I am irked that we have heard not one word from him to show the club in a good light. I think he owes us a great deal, and his public courting Catalans has done the club no favours. It would have cost him nothing to reiterate his commitment to the club, and he has had the chance to do so.

None of these positions is outlandish, though a couple encompass my own interpretations, and hence are opinions rather than demonstrable facts (like stats on try assists, for instance).
Lockers is more committed to the club than any player you care to mention. Is that news? The point I was making had nothing to do with loyalty but that you were complaining Sam was missing "a" game whereas you are happy to see Lockers treated with kid gloves.

It's got nothing to do with Williams either.

Wane rested several players due to the plastic pitch including Flower. In his Wigan TV he was quite clear several players can't play on that pitch. Making out the only reason Sam doesn't is because Sam says so is just biased.

Why on earth you are irked by Sam T's lack of comment I have no idea. In interviews he will answer the questions he's asked and will, like all players out of contract do, dodge any questions on his future until it's been announced by either Wigan or ther club he signs for. Why you think he has to make some random public statement of gratitude to the club I have no idea. I think you are being unrealistic.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

moto748 wrote:
DaveO wrote:
If Tomkins doesn't play v Widnes because of the pitch that is Wane's decision not his.
Tobe fair, that's your assumption, not fact. None of us know for sure how much Tomkins had input into that decision.
Objectively, it's common sense to believe it's the coach who decides who plays. There is no evidence to the contrary. It's not a reasonable argument that Wane is dictated to by Sam T as to when he plays. It's up to whoever claims otherwise to back it up.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

DaveO Talk about dog with a bone

Wigan will not give Sam the money and length of contract he wants

Catalans will

He will play for Catalans next season

Deal done! End of. Now argue all you want he will be another ex-player as of season end and Wigan have all ready recruited a player who someone withinb the club, feels he offers better value for money and possibly a decent replacement for Sam T

Now post endless diatribes and withhold your season ticket money or hold demonstrations outside the DW all you want. It will not change this now :roll:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:DaveO Talk about dog with a bone

Catalans will

Deal done! End of. Now argue all you want he will be another ex-player as of season end and Wigan have all ready recruited a player who someone withinb the club, feels he offers better value for money and possibly a decent replacement for Sam T

Now post endless diatribes and withhold your season ticket money or hold demonstrations outside the DW all you want. It will not change this now :roll:
:eusa2:

Best post of the week
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:DaveO Talk about dog with a bone

Catalans will

Well if it is a done deal you can expect plenty of comments when it's actually announced and not just from me. Quite a few will be justifying the move any which way they can including he's been disloyal, he costs too much and it's better we sign a cheaper player and so on.