Gildart

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
doc

Re: Gildart

Post by doc »

The way he is playing at the moment I would put Higginson in. Far more creative than Gildart but has suffered with a couple of bad injuries. From what I have seen of him playing for the reserves on Wigan TV he looks to be getting back to the level he was before the injuries. Also gives us an extra goal kicking option.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

doc wrote:The way he is playing at the moment I would put Higginson in. Far more creative than Gildart but has suffered with a couple of bad injuries. From what I have seen of him playing for the reserves on Wigan TV he looks to be getting back to the level he was before the injuries. Also gives us an extra goal kicking option.
Certainly be no harm in this.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Gildart is playing like he's had his head turned.
Whether this is by his agent or is backed up by an offer from an NRL club who knows.
I hope for our sakes he has an up turn in form for the rest of the season.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Gildart's agent is fishing for more money.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Gildart's agent is fishing for more money.
Tell him if he performs he can get bigger pay, carries on as he has this season then takes a pay cut to get shot of him.

Bags of potential but becoming Rocky Mk2. Thinks he is better than is.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

doc wrote:The way he is playing at the moment I would put Higginson in. Far more creative than Gildart but has suffered with a couple of bad injuries. From what I have seen of him playing for the reserves on Wigan TV he looks to be getting back to the level he was before the injuries. Also gives us an extra goal kicking option.
Think we are unlikely to see players like Higginson who won't be part of the top 25 earners who's full wages already count on the cap get many games. If they do then their full wage will count on the cap as well. This may be a small wage but it all adds up.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

DaveO wrote:
Think we are unlikely to see players like Higginson who won't be part of the top 25 earners who's full wages already count on the cap get many games. If they do then their full wage will count on the cap as well. This may be a small wage but it all adds up.
No they won't, this has been explained to you before. The 1st tier salary cap is only for the top 25 paid players, there is then a 2nd tier cap of around £100K? for the other squad players so it doesn't matter how many games Higginson plays.
Didn't he get injured again v Bradford reserves?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I wonder if Gildart has ever watched NRL Try Time.
Hard to imagine he hasn't.
How does he reckon he'll go on against some of those centres and back rowers especially the South Sea Islanders.
Although Gildart isn't small by our standards he will be by theirs. They are huge, fast, strong and skillful.
The lad needs a lot more experience before he tries his luck in the NRL. Unless of course he's looking at their reserve grade rather than first team rugby.
He should do himself a favour and re-sign with Wigan.

moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wiganer Ted wrote:I wonder if Gildart has ever watched NRL Try Time.
Hard to imagine he hasn't.
How does he reckon he'll go on against some of those centres and back rowers especially the South Sea Islanders.
Although Gildart isn't small by our standards he will be by theirs. They are huge, fast, strong and skillful.
The lad needs a lot more experience before he tries his luck in the NRL. Unless of course he's looking at their reserve grade rather than first team rugby.
He should do himself a favour and re-sign with Wigan.
Well there *are* backs his size and smaller in the NRL, Kevin Naiqama springs to mind. And of course Ben Barba didn't have too many problems! But they are very talented footballers with excellent pace and footwork. Ollie has a way to go to get there.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

If he wants to test himself in the NRL then fair enough but don't re-sign him if he fails. It should be a one way trip as far as Wigan goes, same for Sutton.