Gildart Announcement

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Josie's friend

Re: Gildart Announcement

Post by Josie's friend »

If he stays he needs to sort out his defensive positioning and when to pass, he has some good points but just as many bad. Luckily he is still young enough to learn, imo while he will be super league standard he'll never reach international (unless it's a pointless friendly} or NRL standard.
So either way the announcement tomorrow won't really effect the team, it'll be more than Sutton {which will go without anyone noticing} but not like Sam or Josh.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote:
medlocke wrote:I hope fans won't be disappointed, we have lost far better :thum:
We've signed far worse as well. He's 21 with bags of potential and is being written off, yet brain fart Gelling at 27 who never improved all the time he was here was a hero.

And we are missing gelling flair this year, he could create something out of nothing.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote:
DaveO wrote:
medlocke wrote:I hope fans won't be disappointed, we have lost far better :thum:
We've signed far worse as well. He's 21 with bags of potential and is being written off, yet brain fart Gelling at 27 who never improved all the time he was here was a hero.

And we are missing gelling flair this year, he could create something out of nothing.
In the 6 games a season he actually bothered to perform in, we don't miss him one bit IMO, our performances so far this year are a vast improvement on last year even though we are without two players that we supposedly miss :eusa16:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If the Wigan club are making an announcement tomorrow (Friday) about Gildart then he has to be re-signing with us.
Clubs can't sign players from other clubs prior to May 1st as I understand it.
We'll see!
Lord Byron

Post by Lord Byron »

I'm old fashioned when it comes to centres. I want to see natural centres playing centre and not players "filling in".

Gildart is a true natural centre. You have to remember that he is only 21 and has bags of talent, as we have seen in previous seasons. He also has time to develop his game further and I would hope this is at Wigan. It's always difficult for young players to maintain a high level of performance on a consistent basis.

We are currently playing with 1 true centre and Bateman/Sarginson occupying the other spot. Whilst Bateman does a very good job it isn't his natural position and takes something away from his game. Sarginson shows plenty of effort but he is never a centre in the memory of man. His winger never gets a decent pass.

What do we do if Gildart leaves? It will leave us seriously short and we would have to spend money to replace him with a decent centre. Why not use that money to keep him at the club. That's unless his agent is making ridiculous demands.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

They must be saving the rumoured announcement for tonight!?! :lol:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

It’s rumoured that every player that comes back from aus looses two yards ov pace...... ex tomkins/burgess
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Firestarter wrote:It’s rumoured that every player that comes back from aus looses two yards ov pace...... ex tomkins/burgess
Do you mean ESPECIALLY Tomkins and Burgess. Burgess should have been under the posts for that run but the Cass player nailed him after a three yard start.
Tomkins had a brilliant game, 100% safe under those bombs they were kicking to Marshall.
When did we last get a 40/20? Probably from Matty Smith.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

bill.inger wrote:
Firestarter wrote:It’s rumoured that every player that comes back from aus looses two yards ov pace...... ex tomkins/burgess
Do you mean ESPECIALLY Tomkins and Burgess. Burgess should have been under the posts for that run but the Cass player nailed him after a three yard start.
Tomkins had a brilliant game, 100% safe under those bombs they were kicking to Marshall.
When did we last get a 40/20? Probably from Matty Smith.
If it was Matty then he would have slipped when kicking!

Budgie does seem to have lost a yard of pace but he still made two cracking breaks, not many players knock Webster over. We need to play to his strengths, there are not many wingers who would stop Joe one on one on the line.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Gilly and Batty are still in negotiations with the club.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards