Gildart Announcement

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Gildart Announcement

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Tomorrow?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Re: Gildart Announcement

Post by medlocke »

I hope fans won't be disappointed, we have lost far better :thum:
jobo

Post by jobo »

Can't be going to the smellys surely.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote:I hope fans won't be disappointed, we have lost far better :thum:
We've signed far worse as well. He's 21 with bags of potential and is being written off, yet brain fart Gelling at 27 who never improved all the time he was here was a hero.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I hope he doesn’t leave
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

DaveO wrote:
medlocke wrote:I hope fans won't be disappointed, we have lost far better :thum:
We've signed far worse as well. He's 21 with bags of potential and is being written off, yet brain fart Gelling at 27 who never improved all the time he was here was a hero.
Is he really as great as everybody is making out?, he certainly isn't so far this season, i wonder if it is a case of looking half decent in a poor quality league, would he be getting a look in if certain players like Connolly, Tuigamala, Gleason, Carmont where still in their prime and playing, i think he would have been shipped out by now, Don't get me wrong Dave, I'm not saying he's shite, It's more a case of fans giving him the idea he is better than he actually is, he needs a reality check, if he has anything about him he would ask/settle for a 2 year deal on a slightly better pay scale before trying his hand down under, It will be a blow for the team if he does go but like i said we have lost far greater players in the past and soldiered on, he isn't irreplaceable like many are claiming
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

If Wigan do make an announcement re a player tommorow I imagine it only being good news. I doubt them doing any bad storys before a home game.
Unfortunately we are not in the era of the centres Meds mentions. Apart from Watkins and Pecival I cant see another centre in SL that jumps out at me.
The NPower ad on twitter and more importantly the three players used in the pic could be a clue???
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

Iv'e heard nowt but if the club is making an announcement in the same week as 3 players have agreed new deals this to mean means good news. When have we ever announced that a player is going to leave until they have actually gone? This must surely be a new contract. I am glad we are getting our best prospects tied down to long term deals. Hopefully Bateman next. I assume he will be picking up Sam's marquee status and i see no reason why not (Bateman). Let's just hope we have a few irons in the fire for next season. We knew there was going to be a re-build. Looks like it is starting already.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

In my view he's started this season extremely poorly. He does seem to have improved a bit recently though. Seems like he thinks he's a star after one good year. That's a bit of a pattern with some of Wigan's breakthrough players recently.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I would love to see him stay. As noted above, he is surely one the best two or three in the comp (I'd put Shenton above Percival, personally) n his position.

Honestly I get a bit fed up with people banging on about Connelly and even Inga; yes, they were great players in their day, but the sport has changed almost beyond recognition since their day. Would they still still be as good in the modern game? Probably, but it's all guess-work really. I'd much rather concentrate on the present-day.