Wane to Catalans ?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
East Stand Faithful

Re: Wane to Catalans ?

Post by East Stand Faithful »

I don't want to derail this thread but as an Evertonian i hope that Allardyce leaves the club in the next few weeks. I know he has helped us avoid relegation but his team's play boring football and he was sacked from England for a reason...
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

On the Wane to Catalan front, I would be extremely surprised if this happened (I have no inside information before anyone asks)
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

East Stand Faithful wrote:I don't want to derail this thread but as an Evertonian i hope that Allardyce leaves the club in the next few weeks. I know he has helped us avoid relegation but his team's play boring football and he was sacked from England for a reason...
NO NO

KEEP SAM

Please :D
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

East Stand Faithful wrote:On the Wane to Catalan front, I would be extremely surprised if this happened (I have no inside information before anyone asks)
I agree.

Catalan has become the new Eastbourne of RL. Where players and coaches go to retire.
Wes

Post by Wes »

thegimble wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote:On the Wane to Catalan front, I would be extremely surprised if this happened (I have no inside information before anyone asks)
I agree.

Catalan has become the new Eastbourne of RL. Where players and coaches go to retire.
Like Trent Robinson?
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wandering Warrior wrote:TBW
I know your comment is tongue in cheek but he is a legend on home soil to the Club thatvhas always mattered the most to him!
Unfortunately the Club didn't matter to those who claimed it did and wouldn't match his or the fans ambition!
I am not an Allardyce fan!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:You're right, if Liverpool win the Champions League it will eclipse what Guadiola has done this season!
Perhaps a better comparison would have been Allardyce and Pep?
:lol: :wink:

Just compare their honours as coaches, comparing Klopp to Guardiola is like comparing Sarginson to Inga!!
Yes but Guardiola has always been given the biggest and most powerful bus in the park in the 3 countries he has been.

Whilst Klopp flattened the tyres of the German Super bus team in 2012 with a Shearings Bus team.

Guardiola's buses have no real staying power and they go boom and off I go to the next bus stop. Whilst Klopp buses have a longer lasting engine.

Also for the first time in his managerial career Klopp has a club who at long last have let the purse strings go in a big way. Even in the MLB (Boston Red Sox) they have spent massively on contracts in the last 15-18 months.

TBW if you have watched moneyball Brad Pitt film at the very end it will explain my last previous paragraph.

PS I do hope that Allardyce stays on at Everton. At least you have an ex England manager in charge.
You can dress it up all you want Gimble, in 17 years as a manager he has won 2 leagues and 1 cup, in a 2 year period when none other than Louis Van Gaal was managing the only other team of note in Germany, Klopp even has a relegation on his honours list!! I won’t mention his finals record lately!

Guardiola was fortunate to land the Barcelona job as a first job although he did win the league with Barcelona B! Having said that he was a legend there as a player, yet let’s be honest his managerial record there was pretty good as well which has earnt him the right to pick the best clubs to manage!

Yes Klopp has a very good chance of winning a champs league but they haven’t yet, let’s also not forget Guardiola has won 2 more trophies this year! Also Klopp has managed his Liverpool team for what? 2 years longer?

Like I said originally, currently it really is no comparison!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Jeez, you guys are bleating? I'd have either at Old Trafford! :)
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

East Stand Faithful wrote:I don't want to derail this thread but as an Evertonian i hope that Allardyce leaves the club in the next few weeks. I know he has helped us avoid relegation but his team's play boring football and he was sacked from England for a reason...
because he wasnt a yes man( exactly what england need)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
TrueBlueWarrior

moto748 wrote:Jeez, you guys are bleating? I'd have either at Old Trafford! :)
That still doesn't change the fact that Klopp currently isn't in the same league as Guardiola!