Bateman - Bulldogs

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ian b

Re: Bateman - Bulldogs

Post by ian b »

keep the faith with a bit of luck he might sign again
si_bax

Post by si_bax »

looks like a matter of not if but when..

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/n ... nrl-offers
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

si_bax wrote:looks like a matter of not if but when..

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/n ... nrl-offers

My reading of it is completely different sounds like he does not want to go but wants Wigan to pull there finger out and come back to him and sit down with some positive news instead of dragging this out.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

He's obviously influenced by the lifestyle and realises full well there are failures.
I'd say there's a fair chance he may not go. Over to you IL?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

he wants to stay its in wigans court
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Could the delay be due to the fact that none of the interested NRL teams are prepared to pay the transfer fee? If this is the case I'd be very happy to keep him for another year. We may have time to convince him to stay longer especially if he sees Sutton not getting into the first team.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

stevo38 wrote:he wants to stay its in wigans court
But at what price? We would have to make John a marquee player. I do hope that we can sort something out, we have got to stem the tide of our best players leaving!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
But at what price? We would have to make John a marquee player. I do hope that we can sort something out, we have got to stem the tide of our best players leaving!
if its a new start with a new coach and a few of the click players gone then bateman is the ideal player to build a team around
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Give him Marque and play him inthe centres, remove Williams from Marque status and bon's your uncle, If he doesn't like it then tough, can't see any other clubs wanting him on recent performances
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

medlocke wrote:
Give him Marque and play him inthe centres, remove Williams from Marque status and bon's your uncle, If he doesn't like it then tough, can't see any other clubs wanting him on recent performances

So you would break William's contract by giving him or less. Or are you saying we take him out of the marquee status and pay Bateman a lot more money so technically giving us 3 players on marquee money.

If we just drop Williams's money then that is breach of contract and hi sues the club wins easily.