BREAKING:

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: BREAKING:

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

thegimble wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
old hooker wrote:Please tell me this is true,i would love to have the greatest coach ever at Wigan
Nah, just seen this on Twitter
Brisbane CEO Paul White said: "Wayne Bennett is our coach for 2019. I've been totally consistent with that and nothing has changed. I can state categorically Wayne will be our coach in 2019."
Looks like the Wigan link a non-starter.
So why are they in talks with Bellamy to take over.
Bellamy is out of contract at the end of this year. Brisbane want him as replacement for Bennett. Bennett has one year left on his contract. Either Bellamy looks elsewhere or finds an intermediate job or Bennett is released to give Bellamy the job as of next season :doz:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
thegimble wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Nah, just seen this on Twitter
Bellamy is out of contract at the end of this year. Brisbane want him as replacement for Bennett. Bennett has one year left on his contract. Either Bellamy looks elsewhere or finds an intermediate job or Bennett is released to give Bellamy the job as of next season :doz:
If Bellamy says yes he goes for 2019.

There is no way Bennett will stay at Brisbane if he knows he is out of a job at the end of 2019. Only way this works for us if Brisbane says ok but your not coaching in the NRL in 2019. Leaving us as a viable option then.

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
thegimble wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Nah, just seen this on Twitter
Bellamy will be scouting for Brisbane for the season so it said elsewhere
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

My feeling on Bennett at the world cup was that he came across as being a bit old and short of energy. He doesn't some across as the most enthusiastic guy and his attitude to wanting training camps and matches in Dubai because it was closer for him left a bad taste in the mouth for me. I'm trying to ignore his inteactions with the press, but I didn't really see much of his interaction with the squad to offset it. ALthough he's got a great pedigree, I'm not 100% sure he's the right man for rebuilding the squad at Wigan.

I wouldn't be disapointed with this, but I'd have some reservations. Perhaps with a good couple of motivational and energetic assistants he could be the person we need.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
doc

Post by doc »

I thought Bennett had turned us down in the past due to his son being severely disabled and not wanting to drag him half way round the world.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

doc wrote:I thought Bennett had turned us down in the past due to his son being severely disabled and not wanting to drag him half way round the world.
Not with his wife and family anymore. Split in 2016.

I really think we should go for his assistant at the Broncos.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

He'd be a great appointment especially bringing through Oloughlin and Tommy on as future coaches for us,but feel it may just be a pipe dream
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Mike wrote:My feeling on Bennett at the world cup was that he came across as being a bit old and short of energy. He doesn't some across as the most enthusiastic guy and his attitude to wanting training camps and matches in Dubai because it was closer for him left a bad taste in the mouth for me. I'm trying to ignore his inteactions with the press, but I didn't really see much of his interaction with the squad to offset it. ALthough he's got a great pedigree, I'm not 100% sure he's the right man for rebuilding the squad at Wigan.
That's pretty much my take on Bennett too. And he's not a young man; how many years would be want to give us? Add in his family situation, and I just can't see it. It's not like he's shown any warmth or affection for England anyway!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

fozzieskem wrote:
medlocke wrote:It at least shows that IL has no intentions of mediocre coaches like Winder, Chester, Big Nose etc, Hopefully he carries on trying some big names down under
Maybe but how much was just paper/twitter talk?

#winderfor’19
You joke (or do you? :lol: ), but I wouldn't be at all surprised...