BREAKING:

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Jimmy Birts

Re: BREAKING:

Post by Jimmy Birts »

Bennett for 1-2 years with Edwards as assistant before taking over the main gig.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:
medlocke wrote:It at least shows that IL has no intentions of mediocre coaches like Winder, Chester, Big Nose etc, Hopefully he carries on trying some big names down under
Maybe but how much was just paper/twitter talk?

#winderfor’19
You joke (or do you? :lol: ), but I wouldn't be at all surprised...
Honestly I think they will look at outsiders but then after “exhaustive” search suddenly realise they have the perfect replacement in Winder.

Just my take on things I don’t think Bennett or Edwards will come frankly
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

moto748 wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:I wonder if all the people who slated him before and during the world cup will still have the same opinion?
So they could be sniped at for inconsistency?

Plenty of people don't like Jose Mourinho, but I imagine few would complain if he rocked up as coach to the Latics.
Tbh it's just natural in sports to find problems with players/managers not associated with their team. Take LMS or Roby, one is a shthouse the other an old man who's legs have gone. Guaranteed if they played for us they'd be popular.
Jose was an excellent example, some of his press conferences are classics as long as it's not against your team lol
chrisjjonesy

Post by chrisjjonesy »

Do coach's salary's come under the salary cap? lots of coaches on - assumed - big money being thrown around here; Edwards, Bennet. Either would be great but can't see us having the cash for them(?)
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

chrisjjonesy wrote:Do coach's salary's come under the salary cap? lots of coaches on - assumed - big money being thrown around here; Edwards, Bennet. Either would be great but can't see us having the cash for them(?)
The money still has to be found though regardless of the cap,clearly Wigan have overspent and lenegan has had enough so booms have to be brought to balance