Shaun Wane

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ddtftf

Re: Shaun Wane

Post by ddtftf »

I think IL has stalled in offering him a new contract and he has jumped ship
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wiganer Ted wrote:
Scottish RU won't have many expectations of winning trophies.
A lot less stress. how many Intls do they play? Can't be that many.

Damn sight more than England RL! :angry:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

ddtftf wrote:I think IL has stalled in offering him a new contract and he has jumped ship
And there in lies the rub

Out of contract (or on a rolling contract depending on your point of view) and after last season's performances and finish, no way was Wane going to get any contract offer until real sign of improvement had occurred

At the least you can say, we are dealing with less injuries and as such also long term injuries than last season but still..... should the club just throw 3 year deals at coaches and ignore what happens on the field?

Seem to remember at one point a few years ago Wigan had three coaches still on their books due to the "sacking nature" of the turnaround and I am sure they don't want to be paying someone wages whilst they are coaching in union
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

I have been told that IL and SW have had a disagreement over the amount of money available for signings as IL wants his money back that he put into the club.I believe my source 100% and imo we will not move forward and catch up with Leeds or St Helens whom have been more successful in the SL area until Lenagan goes.He has taken austerity to the limit and his first thoughts are his own profits and not our club.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

oldhooker wrote:I have been told that IL and SW have had a disagreement over the amount of money available for signings as IL wants his money back that he put into the club.I believe my source 100% and imo we will not move forward and catch up with Leeds or St Helens whom have been more successful in the SL area until Lenagan goes.He has taken austerity to the limit and his first thoughts are his own profits and not our club.
While Im not aware of small details and also find Wigan a bit frustrating at times. I do find that hard to believe. From the information available we/IL and Saints are only ones in SL to take advanrage of the double marquee rule. We are also top of pay structure in RL over here on players, support staff and academy. Again thats only what I have read in the RL/Wigan press releases.
That does not look like IL being tight. We would all love a Brett Kenny Trent Barrett type signing but at present that seems impossible.... unless a Barba Hardaker type situation falls in our laps.
My hope was if we could get a coaching team to excite the fans things may look up, we will wait and see.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

oldhooker wrote:I have been told that IL and SW have had a disagreement over the amount of money available for signings as IL wants his money back that he put into the club.I believe my source 100% and imo we will not move forward and catch up with Leeds or St Helens whom have been more successful in the SL area until Lenagan goes.He has taken austerity to the limit and his first thoughts are his own profits and not our club.
Your source is a bottle of wine and an active imagination. At least ddtftf can say he pesters people until they give him information.
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

Have you access to the clubs books?how do you know we spend more than any other club?Why have we stood still in the transfer market other than buying players from poundland and returnees who cost less than top Imports from down under? Why have Wigan, the biggest name and once greatest club in this country certainly fallen behind Leeds and Saints in ambition and GF wins?And finally why has SW, who tactically may have been lacking but not in passion left the club so suddenly? If you are happy with things as they are then fine, but I repeat IL is running the club as a profit making business first and if we win anything its a bonus.
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

Josie's friend wrote:
Your source is a bottle of wine and an active imagination. At least ddtftf can say he pesters people until they give him information.
ddtftf is an excellent source of information and I do believe he gets the best out of his informants.However as you do not know who my informant is I think your reply is rude and arrogant and I am just passing on what I heard, perhaps it is futile posting information when getting responses like yours that insinuate either me or my contacts are telling lies.I do hope you feel brave and important by your post.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

oldhooker wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:
ddtftf is an excellent source of information and I do believe he gets the best out of his informants.However as you do not know who my informant is I think your reply is rude and arrogant and I am just passing on what I heard, perhaps it is futile posting information when getting responses like yours that insinuate either me or my contacts are telling lies.I do hope you feel brave and important by your post.
Waney?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

oldhooker wrote:Have you access to the clubs books?how do you know we spend more than any other club?Why have we stood still in the transfer market other than buying players from poundland and returnees who cost less than top Imports from down under? Why have Wigan, the biggest name and once greatest club in this country certainly fallen behind Leeds and Saints in ambition and GF wins?And finally why has SW, who tactically may have been lacking but not in passion left the club so suddenly? If you are happy with things as they are then fine, but I repeat IL is running the club as a profit making business first and if we win anything its a bonus.
The clubs accounts are open to anyone who wants to examine them.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history

And the reason we have fell behind Leeds and Saints in GF wins is that up to IL taking over, the previous ownership did not treat the club as a business.