Shaun Wane

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
lucky 13

Re: Shaun Wane

Post by lucky 13 »

oldhooker wrote:Have you access to the clubs books?how do you know we spend more than any other club?Why have we stood still in the transfer market other than buying players from poundland and returnees who cost less than top Imports from down under? Why have Wigan, the biggest name and once greatest club in this country certainly fallen behind Leeds and Saints in ambition and GF wins?And finally why has SW, who tactically may have been lacking but not in passion left the club so suddenly? If you are happy with things as they are then fine, but I repeat IL is running the club as a profit making business first and if we win anything its a bonus.
It has been stated in the RL media that Wigan are top spenders. We also spend up to cap without two marquee signings and dispensation on Lockers contract again I have seen this disclosed by club abd RL media several times and our published accounts back it up. In the 11 years IL has been in charge we have won three SL and Two chalenge cups and a WCC. Leeds have won 7 SL 1 chalenge cup 2 WCC. Saints have won 1 SL. I agree Leeds have been better but saints?? Falling behind? .... where are Leeds now? Im sure most of their fans imagine they are behind this season? Signings.... I fail to see any advantage Leeds or Saints have had. Leeds success was based largeley on Maguire, Sinfield, Burrow, Hall and Peacock you can add the odd decent signing but none way ahead of ours. Whos the big signings Leeds made for 2018? Saints until they stumbled onto Barba have been worse than us.... I cant think of many signings apart from Walmsley (who was very much in the mold of a project gamble) who I would want? I think Wire have made better signings than both Saints and Leeds in IL 11 years. You could say with three chalenge cups Wire have been more successful than Saints to boot? Hull with two cup wins also?
IL may not always make decisions we like or agree with but RL in Britain has become third fiddle to NRL and RU in that same time. I think the lack of top quality signings is more to do with that than his deep pickets and short arms.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

:eusa2:

Well said.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I don't think that IFL is trying to trim the wage bill but increase revenues, hence the trip down under. It is easy to criticise him but it would be interesting if those who do so were in his shoes. It is important that Ian steadies the ship financially, this club is not all about the here and now but future generations.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

No straw damn us wrote:
oldhooker wrote:Have you access to the clubs books?how do you know we spend more than any other club?Why have we stood still in the transfer market other than buying players from poundland and returnees who cost less than top Imports from down under? Why have Wigan, the biggest name and once greatest club in this country certainly fallen behind Leeds and Saints in ambition and GF wins?And finally why has SW, who tactically may have been lacking but not in passion left the club so suddenly? If you are happy with things as they are then fine, but I repeat IL is running the club as a profit making business first and if we win anything its a bonus.
The clubs accounts are open to anyone who wants to examine them.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... ng-history

And the reason we have fell behind Leeds and Saints in GF wins is that up to IL taking over, the previous ownership did not treat the club as a business.

And we are still behind them, spending comparatively little compared to other clubs and showing little ambition.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

old hooker wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:

And the reason we have fell behind Leeds and Saints in GF wins is that up to IL taking over, the previous ownership did not treat the club as a business.

And we are still behind them, spending comparatively little compared to other clubs and showing little ambition.
How are we spending comparatively little if we spend the most on wages.

And from 2010 where are we in mumber of trophies compared to the others. Only side at or ahead of us is Leeds.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

thegimble wrote:
old hooker wrote:
No straw damn us wrote: The clubs accounts are open to anyone who wants to examine them.

How are we spending comparatively little if we spend the most on wages.

And from 2010 where are we in mumber of trophies compared to the others. Only side at or ahead of us is Leeds.
This ....saved me a job tapping keys.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

old hooker wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:

We are spending more than any other club on salaries. Saints luckily picked up Barba, but he'll be gone soon. Over the last few years they have brought in Peyroux, Tasi, Adam Walker, Douglas, Morgan, Atelea Vea, Jack Owens, Tommy Lee, Matty Dawson etc, etc etc. Some real ambition shown there.

Leeds have signed Richie Myler, Anthony Mullally, Brett Delaney, Nathaniel Peteru, Mitch Garbutt etc etc.

So hooker take the bait off because you're talking carp. :wink:
moto748

Post by moto748 »

You missed Matty Smith off your Saints list, no straw! :lol:

But yeah, the point is made. As mentioned above, if anyone has recruited relatively 'big', it's Wire, rather than Saints or Leeds.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Getting sick and tired of this Super League era bullshit, the SPORT is RUGBY LEAGUE, The sport has existed for 123 years, not since 1996 ffs, Super League is nothing more than a brand name, As far as success goes WIGAN are the number 1 club, we are not behind Saints or Leeds we are the kings of RL :angry: :angry: :angry:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote:Getting sick and tired of this Super League era bullshit, the SPORT is RUGBY LEAGUE, The sport has existed for 123 years, not since 1996 ffs, Super League is nothing more than a brand name, As far as success goes WIGAN are the number 1 club, we are not behind Saints or Leeds we are the kings of RL :angry: :angry: :angry:
Well said Meds ????????????⚪️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan