wane approached by widnes 4 weeks ago

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Firestarter

Re: wane approached by widnes 4 weeks ago

Post by Firestarter »

Josie's friend wrote:
stevo38 wrote:
josie andrews wrote: ????????????
catalan
I hope it's not true, we release him in good faith, because he had issues with homesickness and his girlfriend. Then he pulls this :(
man of the people???
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:
stevo38 wrote: catalan
I hope it's not true, we release him in good faith, because he had issues with homesickness and his girlfriend. Then he pulls this :(
man of the people???
Childish disruptive player who was still the same project player with potential 6 seasons after signing him, not good enough, the mediocrity of SL made him look fantastic to certain types of fan where as the rest of us saw straight through him, not been missed one iota
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The only thing I will say about Gelling was his unpredictability,post game the sport as are most in fairness so utterly sterile he stood out a bit,his playing ability was far too hit and miss if he had an “on” switch it’s a shame he didn’t use it more
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote:Childish disruptive player who was still the same project player with potential 6 seasons after signing him, not good enough, the mediocrity of SL made him look fantastic to certain types of fan where as the rest of us saw straight through him, not been missed one iota
Well you and I don't agree on Micky Mac but on Gelling I could not have put that better myself.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I watched Gellings first game for Warriors and he got took to the cleaners 3 times with a side step from the opposite centre and they never played him again . That is why he is coming back.

Bateman on a 2 year deal with Wigan first choice on his return and same with Sutton, said that Sutton is 20 kilo behind the other props in Aus, sad to say i think Bateman is to slow for a centre and too small for the pack hope he proves me wrong as i would hate to see him come back crocked
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

ddtftf wrote:I watched Gellings first game for Warriors and he got took to the cleaners 3 times with a side step from the opposite centre and they never played him again . That is why he is coming back.

Bateman on a 2 year deal with Wigan first choice on his return and same with Sutton, said that Sutton is 20 kilo behind the other props in Aus, sad to say i think Bateman is to slow for a centre and too small for the pack hope he proves me wrong as i would hate to see him come back crocked
I wouldn't want either back, this has to stop ffs
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

medlocke wrote:
ddtftf wrote:I watched Gellings first game for Warriors and he got took to the cleaners 3 times with a side step from the opposite centre and they never played him again . That is why he is coming back.

I wouldn't want either back, this has to stop ffs
Can't argue medlocke

Must at least be some clause that the players must have played a minimum number of games for their new clubs (or feeders) for these contracts to be agreed from Wigan's point of view.

Don't want yet more returning crocks signed from overseas
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Cooper went OK in Aus and he's smaller than Sutton.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Sadly I don’t see either making a ho of it over there,Sutton in particular is going to have tough trying to get the extra bulk on him as for Bateman he’s a freakish size but just perhaps not good enough for over there though ofbthe two of them id say Bateman has the bette chance.

And no I wouldn’t have either back at the club
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Cooper went OK in Aus and he's smaller than Sutton.[/quote

Not according to the club websites! cooper is 105k and Sutton is 103kg. Also Cooper arguably has better footwork. Reckon sutty might go alright though, he's got the aggression and the aussies will stick a good few more kgs on him