Lenagan

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
East Stand Faithful

Re: Lenagan

Post by East Stand Faithful »

PorterjohLam wrote:Both here and RLFans seem to be very anti-Lam, hinting at stuff without saying why, can someone shed some light?
I think there was an issue towards the end of his playing career here. Pm me if you want to know more.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

East Stand Faithful wrote:
PorterjohLam wrote:Both here and RLFans seem to be very anti-Lam, hinting at stuff without saying why, can someone shed some light?
I think there was an issue towards the end of his playing career here. Pm me if you want to know more.
Did he turk another players wife? or am i thinking of another player?
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Subtle as always Medlocke, lol
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

oldhooker wrote:Sick of saying it, hes a cheapskate, buys crap and is far more interested in football and his business connections.Look where we are, winning nothing, club in turmoil , coach leaving, best players leaving IL should go .
And which one from the long line of millionaire business men queuing up to be Wigan chairman and throw money at us would you care to select?
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

moto748 wrote:
oldhooker wrote:Sick of saying it, hes a cheapskate, buys crap and is far more interested in football and his business connections.Look where we are, winning nothing, club in turmoil , coach leaving, best players leaving IL should go .
And which one from the long line of millionaire business men queuing up to be Wigan chairman and throw money at us would you care to select?
How about Old Hooker or Medlocke? :lol:
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
moto748 wrote:
How about Old Hooker or Medlocke? :lol:
Im up for it if I can get a loan, any offers? :lol:
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

moto748 wrote:
There would be someone willing to, and even if they arent queuing up it does not change the fact IL is tight fisted and no one will change my opinion that SW left for financial reasons.

Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

oldhooker wrote:
moto748 wrote:
There would be someone willing to, and even if they arent queuing up it does not change the fact IL is tight fisted and no one will change my opinion that SW left for financial reasons.
Put in £800,000 of his own money last year.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Aaron C. Rescue wrote:
oldhooker wrote:
moto748 wrote: And which one from the long line of millionaire business men queuing up to be Wigan chairman and throw money at us would you care to select?

Put in £800,000 of his own money last year.

Thought it was £600,000 but thats by the by, it depends if he has given the club his money or its in the form of a loan that the good doctor at Salford and Beaumont at Leigh,big Derek did say something on backchat a few months ago about being able to write it off against tax or something to that nature at least,im no expert but those blokes know how to work the system.

Either way though Wigan would be no more without Lenegans input whichever way its done.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

PorterjohLam wrote:
medlocke wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote: I think there was an issue towards the end of his playing career here. Pm me if you want to know more.
Did he turk another players wife? or am i thinking of another player?
Pretty sure that was Dave Furner
According to others on rlfans that never actually happened, though i was always under the impression it did from what i remember