Lenagan

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke

Lenagan

Post by medlocke »

Somebody on the other site has said " I was told this week (from an untested source) that the turmoil has come because he wants to sell the club and has caused the players insecurities, resulting in a few wanting to move on to some certainty." Is there any truth in this?
Josie's friend

Re: Lenagan

Post by Josie's friend »

I said when the talk about the training ground getting sold that it looked like IL was preparing to leave.

#prayforkoukash
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

medlocke wrote:Somebody on the other site has said " I was told this week (from an untested source) that the turmoil has come because he wants to sell the club and has caused the players insecurities, resulting in a few wanting to move on to some certainty." Is there any truth in this?
If true will please a lot of posters then.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Fujiman wrote:
medlocke wrote:Somebody on the other site has said " I was told this week (from an untested source) that the turmoil has come because he wants to sell the club and has caused the players insecurities, resulting in a few wanting to move on to some certainty." Is there any truth in this?
If true will please a lot of posters then.
Not sure it will

Owners that throw cash at sports clubs (other than football) are very rare and when you engage the fact that if we were owned by some billionaire Sheikh he would always be limited by the salary cap

It's just I think it is IL's "naivety" that is being exposed by the yes men/old boys club that is currently running the club on his behalf that fans are aggrieved at now
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I'd rather see him grow a big set and rule with an iron fist, but if he can't and he doesn't bring in somebody who can then maybe it is time for a change
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

He's a very good owner and chairman.
I'd imagine the search for a head coach and assistants will be underway and the least said the better.
Don't think he'll sell the club.
Just an opinion though.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

A load of rubbish why would he be busying land around the ground if he wanted to sell people are just stoking the wigan bad news fire just to keep bad news about club in news and keep kicking why we are down been a shit few weeks for club but this post made me smile mc manus is not buying us out by any chance is he ????????
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Wigan should be self sufficient regardless of rich owners. Our problem currebtly are our attendances and season ticket sales from a business point of view. Need some charisma to get people back. We have a complicated ticketing system with that many variations no wonder people are put off. We even have a stupid council to try and improve match day experiences... Get fans in, itll take care of itself. They should listen to normal fans not solely riversiders or th is fans group.

Need charismatic owner, runs the club properly, not saying IL doesnt but in recent years it hasnt felt like we are "wigan"... The benchmark, the premiers, the top
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

ancientnloyal wrote:Wigan should be self sufficient regardless of rich owners. Our problem currebtly are our attendances and season ticket sales from a business point of view. Need some charisma to get people back. We have a complicated ticketing system with that many variations no wonder people are put off. We even have a stupid council to try and improve match day experiences... Get fans in, itll take care of itself. They should listen to normal fans not solely riversiders or th is fans group.

Need charismatic owner, runs the club properly, not saying IL doesnt but in recent years it hasnt felt like we are "wigan"... The benchmark, the premiers, the top
Agree about the charisma thing. Watched a clip this morning of the last match at CP. Billy Wiz at his finest.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Not saying Koukash fully but he has a certain drive amd aura about him. He wouldbt let Mossop or Sarge back
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame