Lenagan

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ddtftf

Re: Lenagan

Post by ddtftf »

Wane asked for a 5 year deal for his security and was refused, heard its down to 5 candidates now with Adrian Lams name among them and Shaun Edwards . Believe it or not Shaun Edwards did apply for the Warrington job as coach
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Shaun Edwards yes please.
Lam, never ever.

See ddtftf was correct with his rumour about Waney going to Scotland.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

What is the objection that some posters seem to have to Lam?
bertina

Post by bertina »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Shaun Edwards yes please.
Lam, never ever.

See ddtftf was correct with his rumour about Waney going to Scotland.
ddtftf is almost always right when he posts. His source of information is obviously on the money.
What's your objection to Adrian Lam Ted ?
Personally I think it would be a good appointment.
Edwards would be my first choice, but Lam would be right up there for me.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Lam is an interesting one. He was the type of player you'd expect to make a good coach (if there is such a thing) and we know he can live happily in the U.K. but what is his coaching experience/record so far? Has he been successful with a reserve grade team as a head coach or has he 'only' been an assistant so far? I'd prefer Edwards to anyone else but still can't see how we fill the time before he can start if we don't use Winder as a stop gap.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

southportcdm wrote:Lam is an interesting one. He was the type of player you'd expect to make a good coach (if there is such a thing) and we know he can live happily in the U.K. but what is his coaching experience/record so far? Has he been successful with a reserve grade team as a head coach or has he 'only' been an assistant so far? I'd prefer Edwards to anyone else but still can't see how we fill the time before he can start if we don't use Winder as a stop gap.
wasn't he head coach for PNG for a good while?, also i asked the same and a somebody stated that he was Mal Meningas assistant, dunno if true but he's got to be better than Waneys understudy surely
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

IL and Waney have both said Winder is not ready to be head coach.

I would be happy with Giz or Lam.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

PorterjohLam wrote:Both here and RLFans seem to be very anti-Lam, hinting at stuff without saying why, can someone shed some light?
I've asked the same question myself, can't remember if it was here or on RLFans.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

moto748 wrote:
PorterjohLam wrote:Both here and RLFans seem to be very anti-Lam, hinting at stuff without saying why, can someone shed some light?
I've asked the same question myself, can't remember if it was here or on RLFans.
I've seen you ask the same question but can't remember which one it was on :lol:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Eleven out of the twelve SL clubs are in favour of the restructure.
Leeds, led by Hetherington, are the other club.
They haven't appointed Elstone for fun but to implement the plans the SL clubs as they see their future.
IL is at the forefront of the changes needed to put in place the improvements that the game seriously needs.