Wayne Bennet

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ddtftf

Wayne Bennet

Post by ddtftf »

I just get the feeling with Belamey favourite to take over the Broncos, Bennet has agreed a Wigan contract as coach
thegimble

Re: Wayne Bennet

Post by thegimble »

ddtftf wrote:I just get the feeling with Belamey favourite to take over the Broncos, Bennet has agreed a Wigan contract as coach

From what I gathered Bellmay is maybe staying put. But Bennett is not staying on regardless due to how the meeting where he was told they were going after Bellamy went. Still contracted to them for another season though.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

It says they will release him at the season end
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

He is going to Scotland RU but not sure when.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I wouldn`t have thought it was his option at his age, i was told our coach was going to Scotland as defence coach
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If Bennett was to be our next coach then his style of play wouldn't go down well with many of our fans.
Apparently he insists that his team complete their first ten sets in a game. This usually ends with little more than five drives and a kick in the first 20-25 mins.

Mind you, having Wayne Bennett as head coach does say something in itself!
ian b

Post by ian b »

Wiganer Ted wrote:If Bennett was to be our next coach then his style of play wouldn't go down well with many of our fans.
Apparently he insists that his team complete their first ten sets in a game. This usually ends with little more than five drives and a kick in the first 20-25 mins.

Mind you, having Wayne Bennett as head coach does say something in itself!
a lot of aussie clubs play the same way and have done for years
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yes they do, but in practice the Broncos are hardly the best examples of this.