Blake Austin

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Barney841

Re: Blake Austin

Post by Barney841 »

old hooker wrote:
Barney841 wrote:Far superior? Don’t where you get that from.
Williams is awesome on his day but he seems to have dwindled since he got his pay rise and smith left.
You get a better scrum half in to control the game and a better coach with a better rugby brain and we will see a new Williams.
Awesome ? which day was that then?.Top players perform whoever they play for or with,so a club has to change coach and scrum half to get a 6 to play well? What a statement to make.
Did Williams play better with green and smith, organisers, yes he did. Has Shaun Wane fot a rubbish game plan and no technical rugby brain, yes.
Also for some reason Williams seems short on confidence.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Barney841 wrote:
old hooker wrote:
Barney841 wrote:Far superior? Don’t where you get that from.
Williams is awesome on his day but he seems to have dwindled since he got his pay rise and smith left.
You get a better scrum half in to control the game and a better coach with a better rugby brain and we will see a new Williams.
Awesome ? which day was that then?.Top players perform whoever they play for or with,so a club has to change coach and scrum half to get a 6 to play well? What a statement to make.
Did Williams play better with green and smith, organisers, yes he did. Has Shaun Wane fot a rubbish game plan and no technical rugby brain, yes.
I think you’ve answered your own question Williams is short of confidence purely,for my money at least,he hasn’t got an organiser alongside him,it’s not a fault really he just seems a shy sort of lad not the type to get a grip of things,again not a fault just his nature but quite why his supporters can’t see his struggles this season,I don’t care about stats the only stats I trust are my own two eyes and he simply isn’t anywhere near the form we as fans know he’s capable of.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

fozzieskem wrote:
Barney841 wrote:
old hooker wrote: Awesome ? which day was that then?.Top players perform whoever they play for or with,so a club has to change coach and scrum half to get a 6 to play well? What a statement to make.
I think you’ve answered your own question Williams is short of confidence purely,for my money at least,he hasn’t got an organiser alongside him,it’s not a fault really he just seems a shy sort of lad not the type to get a grip of things,again not a fault just his nature but quite why his supporters can’t see his struggles this season,I don’t care about stats the only stats I trust are my own two eyes and he simply isn’t anywhere near the form we as fans know he’s capable of.
Exactly. Maybe “awesome” was the wrong word but we all know Williams is capable of alot more than he’s giving at the moment
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Getting this thread back away from a monologue about the abilities or otherwise of Williams

Another player is being allowed to leave
Gold Coast five-eighth Kane Elgey will leave the Titans at the end of this year and could be on his way to the Catalans Dragons.
Elgey is off-contract at the Gold Coast and will not be offered a new deal.

The 24-year-old has been linked with a move to Catalans by French website Treize Mondial.

Super League's Dragons are on the lookout for a new halfback with Josh Drinkwater only signed until the end of 2018.

Who would be a better recruit?

Elgey or Drinkwater :wink:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Anyway, deal is DONE

Warrington Wolves have confirmed the marquee signing of Australian halfback Blake Austin for the 2019 season.

Austin joins Steve Price’s side on a three-year-deal from Canberra Raiders, after confirming his departure from the NRL club earlier this year.

http://www.seriousaboutrl.com/warringto ... tin-17755/
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Austin has been hit and miss over last few seasons. He turned the game v Canterbury on Saturday in 16 minutes. Think he will do well.