Blake Austin

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
No straw damn us

Re: Blake Austin

Post by No straw damn us »

old hooker wrote:
Barney841 wrote:I do rate Austin, even though he can be abit inconsistent, but for me he’s too similar player to willliams.
We need a half who will control the middle and with a good kicking game
He is nothing like Williams and far superior to him.
Are you stating that as fact or opinion?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

No straw damn us wrote:
old hooker wrote:
Barney841 wrote:I do rate Austin, even though he can be abit inconsistent, but for me he’s too similar player to willliams.
Are you related to Williams by any chance?
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Far superior? Don’t where you get that from.
Williams is awesome on his day but he seems to have dwindled since he got his pay rise and smith left.
You get a better scrum half in to control the game and a better coach with a better rugby brain and we will see a new Williams.
No straw damn us

medlocke wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:
old hooker wrote: He is nothing like Williams and far superior to him.
No. It was an related question though.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

No straw damn us wrote:
medlocke wrote:
No straw damn us wrote: Are you stating that as fact or opinion?
No. It was an related question though.
Ok
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

old hooker wrote:
ddtftf wrote:I also think Wakefield or Cas have sign`d Uta a brilliant winger 2nd top try scorer in the NRL powerful and fast will be a sensation in Super League.
I understood he was going to Huddersfield but you are right more often than not.
Sorry it is Huddersfield my mistake
No straw damn us

ddtftf wrote:
old hooker wrote:
ddtftf wrote:I also think Wakefield or Cas have sign`d Uta a brilliant winger 2nd top try scorer in the NRL powerful and fast will be a sensation in Super League.
I understood he was going to Huddersfield but you are right more often than not.
Sorry it is Huddersfield my mistake
I presume you mean Akuila Uate
So which of Wigans wingers would you release to sign him?
He'll be 31 years of age when he arrives over here.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

No straw damn us wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:I’d have Austin in a heartbeat but he will,if things go to his plan be at Wire for a season or so then be of back down under he won’t stay here long that’s for sure.
Agree, he's an excellent player, but he'll be back in Aus at the first opportunity.
I'd much rather we use our money to develop our own, it's worked well for us the last few years. I accept we lose some but as long as we keep producing them it'll be o.k. If we don't THEN we'll have to buy in. Hardaker, Bateman, Greenwood, Sarginson etc etc etc.
No club will ever get it 100% correct but we do it better than most. The aging pack is a bit of a concern for me at the moment a centre and another halfback, but hopefully that will be addressed with our youth development.
People are going on about Leeds injury list, but here's an interesting fact. They have only used one more player than Wigan this season and two less than we used last year.
The right signing though can,as FPN did back in 2016 galvanise a side and supporters,that it didn’t work out long term is a shame but it did work,the production line has its place but I’d argue you’d need a bit of,for want of a better choice of words,star power to back it up.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

No straw damn us wrote:
old hooker wrote:
Both.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Barney841 wrote:Far superior? Don’t where you get that from.
Williams is awesome on his day but he seems to have dwindled since he got his pay rise and smith left.
You get a better scrum half in to control the game and a better coach with a better rugby brain and we will see a new Williams.
Awesome ? which day was that then?.Top players perform whoever they play for or with,so a club has to change coach and scrum half to get a 6 to play well? What a statement to make.