Adrian Lam new coach of Wigan

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Adrian Lam new coach of Wigan

Post by Mike »

The booze hound wrote:
Wes wrote:What would they say if negotiations are at an advanced stage but he hasn’t yet signed?
They could say, "negotiations are at an advanced stage but he hasn't signed yet."
Which would potentially really mess things up with Lam's current job if either party decided to withdraw. If you had a potential job offer on the table for a new position, I doubt you'd want your current employer knowing about it until you were good and ready.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Mike wrote:
The booze hound wrote:
Wes wrote:What would they say if negotiations are at an advanced stage but he hasn’t yet signed?
They could say, "negotiations are at an advanced stage but he hasn't signed yet."
Which would potentially really mess things up with Lam's current job if either party decided to withdraw. If you had a potential job offer on the table for a new position, I doubt you'd want your current employer knowing about it until you were good and ready.
Unless his employer is stupid they will know now about it. Once it hits national papers you can gurantee they will know. Unless they are on the moon then maybe not. If his employer did not know before Sunday they do now.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Wigan can't and shouldn't make any comment until everything is agreed. There maybe visa and work permits to sort and letters to the unsuccessful applicants.
What difference does it make to us fans, it won't make the appointment of the coach any quicker, when all is agreed, signed and sealed, they'll make the announcement.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

thegimble wrote:
Firestarter wrote:We always find out things on this site begore wigan announce it officially.....i think the last signing we kept quiet was ian roberts in 86
Thought Fielden was very hush hush. But we are useless at getting info from the club.
and now we sign bullock who was also mentioned weeks ago lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

Firestarter wrote:
thegimble wrote:
Firestarter wrote:We always find out things on this site begore wigan announce it officially.....i think the last signing we kept quiet was ian roberts in 86
Thought Fielden was very hush hush. But we are useless at getting info from the club.
and now we sign bullock who was also mentioned weeks ago lol
The positive announcement to be followed by the negative one.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Someone on Rlfans saying announcement of staff leaving tomorrow (presumably Bitcon and/or Peet) and new coach announced on Thursday.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

No straw damn us wrote:Wigan can't and shouldn't make any comment until everything is agreed. There maybe visa and work permits to sort
I would guess the work permit issue might be a pretty big problem. Especially for his son
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:Wigan can't and shouldn't make any comment until everything is agreed. There maybe visa and work permits to sort
I would guess the work permit issue might be a pretty big problem. Especially for his son
Why?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Presumably Hamlin, who had no senior games for the Bunnies, got a work permit OK?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote:Presumably Hamlin, who had no senior games for the Bunnies, got a work permit OK?
I found that one odd that he got a permit seemingly so easily though I thought you had to play so many games first before coming over?