Adrian Lam new coach of Wigan

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: Adrian Lam new coach of Wigan

Post by fozzieskem »

ddtftf wrote:I may be wrong but would it be better is SW left now as i feel the players are in limbo ???????
I’ve said it a few times he should have gone right away or say nowt till seasons end,the long goodbye approach rarely works and just creates confusion in terms of recruitment of players
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Is this going to happen though?
Lam is rumoured to be the new coach and was at the game on Thursday.
Has he traveled from Australia just to sign his contract or is he also going to start sometime soon?

It wouldn't be the first time someone in post has been sent on "Gardening Leave" so the new appointee can take over.
billy's pineapple ring

Post by billy's pineapple ring »

Just a thought,as AL has been in this country for at least 3 days, IF he is to be our new coach presumably the deal would have been agreed before he left Australia. so could the delay in announcing his appointment hopefully be something to do with agreeing a compensation package for Waney to allow AL at least 8 games to assess his squad. :wink:
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Is this going to happen though?
Lam is rumoured to be the new coach and was at the game on Thursday.
Has he traveled from Australia just to sign his contract or is he also going to start sometime soon?

It wouldn't be the first time someone in post has been sent on "Gardening Leave" so the new appointee can take over.
Not just come across to sign contract been in Wigan for over a month
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

lam been linked last 3 times we ve changed coach and was assistant coach a good few yrs ago
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Just wish they’d get on with it now
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote:Just wish they’d get on with it now
Me too :exc:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Me also...

I understand when the club is reticent to comment on rumours and prospective signings (even misdemeanors to an extent) but the length of time taking to sort this is a farce.

I mean Wane has even announced when and where and what he will be doing when he leaves the club in 6 months time, yet we have't got a foggiest who will replace him. Just a whole load of conjecture and players/staff/fans wondering what the future brings

billy's pineapple ring wrote: so could the delay in announcing his appointment hopefully be something to do with agreeing a compensation package for Waney to allow AL at least 8 games to assess his squad. :wink:
Seeing as he leaves come what may at the end of the season I doubt any money to Wane is an issue

I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Ted doesn't :lol:
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

been told theres some stale ground on who lam does and doesent want next season once thats sorted he will be signing