george williams to australia

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
lucky 13

Re: george williams to australia

Post by lucky 13 »

DaveO wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote:
thegimble wrote: I have no issue in any player going for more money. But I do have real issue in a player signing a deal and 12 months later goes to the media and says he wants to go. Total disloyalty for me. And as some say look at Edwards he gets his dream job but waits a season to fulfil his contractual obligations.
Spot on there.

It's disgusting that he'just signed a marquee contract and then wants to renege on it. He's not ancient and he's certainly not loyal!
I agree with this. As soon as he signed that deal all thought of leaving should have gone from his head. I thought at the time he had seen sense, realised he was not ready for the NRL but I fully expected him to go to Oz at the end of the deal having matured into a player that was ready for the NRL.

No issue with that at all because although I never want us to lose our best players to the NRL I accept if or until we can match their wages this is what will happen. All I want in the meantime is for the players to honour the deals they sign.

The fact Wane said he did the interview quite a while ago says to me he the bloody ink wasn't dry on the contract before he starts saying he wants out. Disgraceful behaviour.

The club could have gone hunting for a half back elsewhere to make a marquee player. By offering him a long deal the club was clearly planning on having him around for that period of time. That was said in the press releases when the deal was done IIRC. This sort of thing stuffs up the planning big time.

The one glimmer of hope is if that interview was done some time ago when he did not know Lam and Edwards were to be coaching Wigan, you might think the prospect of being coached by them might make him think twice. As others think, I also believe he is not remotely ready for the NRL so if he and his agent had any common sense he'd see his deal out.

If on the other hand his head has been irrevocably turned to the extent he wants to renege on his deal the club should make it plain he can only leave for a very substantial fee in compensation for not having him around for the planned term and if no fee is forthcoming, he is going nowhere.

The really daft thing is given he is a marquee player I don't think an NRL club is going to be offering him much more money. To them he will be a project player and you do not pay them massive wages even in the NRL. He's not the real deal like Bateman. If he ends up going for not much more wages he is being badly advised because he's not ready.

One thing is for sure if he does leave I do not want him back. This is not a Bateman type exit where his deal has been honoured. Untrustworthy players should not have a bolt hole back here.

Spot on!!!
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Can't disagree with Dave on that.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-9303199

I think someone has had a word with Mr Williams!
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

East Stand Faithful wrote:https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-9303199

I think maybe he watched the Lam and Edwards interview with Carney and thought I'll have some of that.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

First Try Tickle wrote:
East Stand Faithful wrote:https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-9303199

I think maybe he watched the Lam and Edwards interview with Carney and thought I'll have some of that.
More than likely was told not going were under new management. And one of them is honoring his so can you.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Another season of Williams charging around the field getting nowhere,great. :eh:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

old hooker wrote:Another season of Williams charging around the field getting nowhere,great. :eh:
If that happens then we all will know its him and not Wane
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

thegimble wrote:
old hooker wrote:Another season of Williams charging around the field getting nowhere,great. :eh:
I agree, I really hope Lam can improve his game but I will not hold my breath.
markill

Post by markill »

old hooker wrote:
thegimble wrote:
I agree, I really hope Lam can improve his game but I will not hold my breath.
Ok. Getting nowhere = most try assists in Super League over the last two years.

I do appreciate that he has a tendency at times to run down the odd blind alley OH, so I understand in part where you're coming from. Although that has also led to tries - I started to call him at Leeds last year for doing it, but he slipped a late offload and Clubb went in for a try off it!
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
ian b

Post by ian b »

he will be a different player under a new coach