george williams to australia

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
window77

george williams to australia

Post by window77 »

heard a from a very good source George Williams going to Australia next season talks on going with wigan to release him. money grabbing t###
DaveO

Re: george williams to australia

Post by DaveO »

window77 wrote:heard a from a very good source George Williams going to Australia next season talks on going with wigan to release him. money grabbing t###
How about Wigan trying to save some cash and offloading him?

Not every move out of a club is instigated by the players. I have no evidence to suggest the club has decided to do this but even if Williams or his agent have set this in motion, as it always has been it's up to Wigan to hold players to contract or not. If he leaves early it will be with the clubs blessing whoever started it.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I am hesitant to believe a first time poster but here goes, It Would solve a big problem, Getting rid would free up both marques so we could use the positions correctly.

It wouldn't bother me one bit, He's had long enough to get his act together, how much longer does he need, another season or 2, He would have been gone by now under a more ruthless set up
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Sooner the better if it is true.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I’d say let him go if Wane was staying but I’d like to give him at least another season to see how he performs under the new coach.
Also find it hard for this to be true as the NRL never seems to have trouble producing decent half backs
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I certainly wouldn't shed many tears if it where true, the club over reacted by making him marque player in the first place,hes still learning his trade I'll grant you but to me he's going to be one of those players who just fall short, nothing wrong with that of course but when you're on big money the fans and the club expects big things.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Once again I'll say what I've said before: I look at NRL squads, and I struggle to see one that would be strengthened by putting GW into their side.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I'll say the last couple of games have said it all about Williams absence.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

george would be a completley different player with a proper experienced 7 at his side to get some confidence off ,at the moment him and powell are just thrown in at the deep end and expected to come up with the goods there still learning but they have no mentor to bring them on
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

DaveO wrote:
window77 wrote:heard a from a very good source George Williams going to Australia next season talks on going with wigan to release him. money grabbing t###
How about Wigan trying to save some cash and offloading him?

Not every move out of a club is instigated by the players. I have no evidence to suggest the club has decided to do this but even if Williams or his agent have set this in motion, as it always has been it's up to Wigan to hold players to contract or not. If he leaves early it will be with the clubs blessing whoever started it.
How much have Wigan saved with the outgoings?? Haha
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame