george williams to australia

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
stevo38

Re: george williams to australia

Post by stevo38 »

if he were to go what s the options for halfback pairing i think even lamb will see powell is useless there
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

stevo38 wrote:if he were to go what s the options for halfback pairing i think even lamb will see powell is useless there
funny that because i just read an article about lam wanting to bring his son over to wigan......he states that the roosters will make s decision in the next 10 days..... he also states that wigan would be a better force( or something like that)with george attacking left anf lachkan attacking right side..... that tells you all you need to know about what weaknesses lam has already seen in our attack...... ive got a link and ill try to post it
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
si_bax

Post by si_bax »

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-9293975

George Williams has admitted he wants to cut short his Wigan contract and move to the NRL next season.

fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Then let him go,the club can’t hold him to his deal it’s time to cash in and move on we can’t keep having this uncertainty with him each summer,a few months after starting his big money he’s coming out with this?

Time to move on I’m afraid
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Our players certainly know how to take the wind out of your sails!! George should be turning cartwheels and relishing the opportunity to work with Lam & Edwards for the next few years and putting the green-eyed monster back in its box. I know all the stuff about short careers and making the most of opportunities etc, but for GW, this is THE opportunity of a lifetime. In this new era at the club maybe it's time to start reminding players that they've signed a contract and that they're going nowhere until it suits the club or the contract is finished. It's time to start closing the door on the 'open-house, come and get them' philosophy.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

fozzieskem wrote:Then let him go,the club can’t hold him to his deal it’s time to cash in and move on we can’t keep having this uncertainty with him each summer,a few months after starting his big money he’s coming out with this?

As I've stated on here many times I think he's the best young halfback in Superleague and I don't want him to go.
However, if he decides he really wants to go to Aus then if I were IL I'd say yes BUT we will demand a big transfer fee commensurate with the marquee status that you accepted. George can't have it both ways.
He still has three years left on his current deal.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

No straw damn us wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:Then let him go,the club can’t hold him to his deal it’s time to cash in and move on we can’t keep having this uncertainty with him each summer,a few months after starting his big money he’s coming out with this?

As I've stated on here many times I think he's the best young halfback in Superleague and I don't want him to go.
However, if he decides he really wants to go to Aus then if I were IL I'd say yes BUT we will demand a big transfer fee commensurate with the marquee status that you accepted. George can't have it both ways.
I am fully in support of your approach.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
bertina

Post by bertina »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:

I am fully in support of your approach.
So am I. But for me, based on what we have seen from him this season, I cant see GW breaking into a first team spot in the NRL.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

No straw damn us wrote:

Huge fee, no buy back (he is not that good for me his kicking game is poor) and we have a quality replacement ready to come in. If not he stays.

For all his ability or lack for all of blaming Wane etc. He can take the initiative Wane is gone soon what is Wane going to do fire him. Decent player but not a marquee player. If he goes the fees from him and Bateman could be used to give a really large 2 year deal to a top (not SOO) NRL half.