Player movements.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
moto748

Re: Player movements.

Post by moto748 »

My take on Sarge FWIW: plenty of highly-rated centres, past and present, don't have explosive pace, or, indeed, much of a kicking game. So I'd give a pass on that. But despite all this stuff about having played at 6 in the past, his biggest flaw is surely, as noted, timing a pass. This is a basic skill, and he's not good at it.

And I'd have to say, as a centre, John Bateman > Sarge.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Sarge can move quicker sideways than he can forwarad
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

No straw damn us wrote:Wiganfe1985 and old hooker. Weren't you also two of the Williams detractors?
Do you not think that Wigan have improved with both he and Sarginson back in the side?
No
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:Wiganfe1985 and old hooker. Weren't you also two of the Williams detractors?
Do you not think that Wigan have improved with both he and Sarginson back in the side?
Im not a Willaims detractor - i think he is far from the finished article and i mentioned that i think richardson offers more, thats more of how i rate richardson than dont rate george.

I think Sarginson himself brings little to the side, apart from allowing bateman to be more effective in his proper role
I am a Williams detractor and think he is vastly overrated,as for Sarge his only attribute is effort,he gives 100% every game but has little skill.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

old hooker wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Im not a Willaims detractor - i think he is far from the finished article and i mentioned that i think richardson offers more, thats more of how i rate richardson than dont rate george.

I think Sarginson himself brings little to the side, apart from allowing bateman to be more effective in his proper role
I am a Williams detractor and think he is vastly overrated,as for Sarge his only attribute is effort,he gives 100% every game but has little skill.

Are you including his lack of skill in winning us a GF in 2016, setting up Charnley's winning try, when not much else was on ?
Don't disregard this please, after all there were only two tries scored in the whole match !

His main problems seem to be the number of injuries he's collected in his time, both here and in Oz, but when he's had any sort of protracted run, then his form has been good (in his normal centre position that is).

Of course, his utility value can't be ignored either, covering most back positions to assist when injuries have hit.

As for Williams, most pundits, SL players and coaches (plus Wayne Bennett) and NRL coaches, it seems, appear to regard him quite highly ! I think we'd be the big loser if he went over to another competitor club, at this stage of his career.
mickh

Post by mickh »

'Ecky thump, Nezza! 1 good game in three years? that is pushing it! As has been said, plenty of huff and puff but goes nowhere, cannot make a break, cannot pass, never frightens the opposing centre/team. Not good enough.