New Signing - POTENTIAL

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
southportcdm

Re: New Signing - POTENTIAL

Post by southportcdm »

As several posters have said - Jackson Hastings is worth a look. Another good performance yesterday and he has shown that he can come over here and do the business even if it's only in the short term so far.
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

I haven't seen anything of Hastings so I'll reserve judgement to those who have.
I just think the halves need to have balance, you need an organiser and a bit of a maverick. I think with George Williams we have the maverick and this year we've struggled for the organiser (Tommy has made a massive difference since switching back to 7), on that basis I would be seriously looking at Drinkwater, he has himself stated he likes to boss a team around the park.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

sheepsteeth wrote:I haven't seen anything of Hastings so I'll reserve judgement to those who have.
I just think the halves need to have balance, you need an organiser and a bit of a maverick. I think with George Williams we have the maverick and this year we've struggled for the organiser (Tommy has made a massive difference since switching back to 7), on that basis I would be seriously looking at Drinkwater, he has himself stated he likes to boss a team around the park.
I've seen him play a couple of times over here and he looks a class act, big lad for an half back as well. Better option than a short-term loan agreement for Lam in my view.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
sheepsteeth wrote:I haven't seen anything of Hastings so I'll reserve judgement to those who have.
I've seen him play a couple of times over here and he looks a class act, big lad for an half back as well. Better option than a short-term loan agreement for Lam in my view.
Agreed,i think the side needs a decent and proven back rather than another untried youngster.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
unless there is a big name due when Edwards comes in
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

What about Hampshire? He's not agreed a new deal with Wakefield, according to the league Express. He, Rocky, has come on since he left the Warriors, Which I think was a bad idea. Would be nice to see him partnering George again.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

captinjack wrote:What about Hampshire? He's not agreed a new deal with Wakefield, according to the league Express. He, Rocky, has come on since he left the Warriors, Which I think was a bad idea. Would be nice to see him partnering George again.
Surely that ship has sailed hasn’t it?
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I think Hampshire is to much off the cuff, just like Williams. When he plays for Wakey he's trying to take the line on. We need an organiser and someone to help Williams.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Looks like Hastings will be coming to Wigan according to Eddy
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

ddtftf wrote:Looks like Hastings will be coming to Wigan according to Eddy

Was told the same today seems to be right