Jackson Hastings

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Jackson Hastings

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

oldhooker wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
old hooker wrote:I dont think he is anything special, would not want him at Wigan.
Who do you want who is realistically available?
I am not sure who is realistically available, but I think the praise of Hastings is OTT.
The question is will he improve the team or do we stick with what we have got? I think he will make us better. What annoys me is that many criticise the current players but then condemn IFL and Rads for trying to do something about it!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
oldhooker wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: Who do you want who is realistically available?
I am not sure who is realistically available, but I think the praise of Hastings is OTT.
The question is will he improve the team or do we stick with what we have got? I think he will make us better. What annoys me is that many criticise the current players but then condemn IFL and Rads for trying to do something about it!

I agree. If we can’t get the exact scrum half we want but we can get one that will still improve then why not? Just look at it this way, he can’t be any worse than Powell, also it means tommy can go to his more natural position
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Let’s be fair about it we all can’t have forgotten how poor the partnership was between tommy and George was last season? Ok it’s working a little at the moment but that’s only because all season we’ve been served grade A cr@p from the Powell Williams “partnership”the side is in desperate need of a half and given this country doesn’t produce many really the club has to look at Aus,Hastings could do a job in my opinion but I suppose it’s how much he’d cost too that will come into it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I know the Sam Powel gets a lot of flack on the site, but watch the Wigan V Saints match and see how many tackles Powel made in this match and every match, i think it was over 60. This work rate allows other players energy & sometimes goes unnoticed, every team needs someone with this work rate for 80 minutes. I think Clubb made about 3 drives in the match compared with Flowers massive drives with the ball.

It maybe me but i think Clubb is a lazy prop with few drives with the ball, and always 3rd man in on the tackle
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I do think others are more worthy of the fans' favourite tag he seems to have picked up.
shaunedwardsfanclub

ddtftf wrote:I know the Sam Powel gets a lot of flack on the site, but watch the Wigan V Saints match and see how many tackles Powel made in this match and every match, i think it was over 60. This work rate allows other players energy & sometimes goes unnoticed, every team needs someone with this work rate for 80 minutes. I think Clubb made about 3 drives in the match compared with Flowers massive drives with the ball.

It maybe me but i think Clubb is a lazy prop with few drives with the ball, and always 3rd man in on the tackle
Sam's form has definitely improved following his return to hooker.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Powell can and does do 80 mins at 9, Walker has been the bench 9 at Widnes doing nowhere near that. I know he's 19 but who will interchange with him, Tommy? He will get stronger as he gets older but how long before he's an 80 minute 9?
Walker's a very good player but why I like Powell is that he's hard working and saves two interchanges meaning other players can be spelled keeping them fitter during a game.
What we don't want is a 40 mins 9 if they reduce the number of interchanges.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Wiganer Ted wrote:Powell can and does do 80 mins at 9, Walker has been the bench 9 at Widnes doing nowhere near that. I know he's 19 but who will interchange with him, Tommy? He will get stronger as he gets older but how long before he's an 80 minute 9?
Walker's a very good player but why I like Powell is that he's hard working and saves two interchanges meaning other players can be spelled keeping them fitter during a game.
What we don't want is a 40 mins 9 if they reduce the number of interchanges.
Powell played well on Friday but you could see the value of someone like Clarke who was outstanding for Wire.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Powell prefers to play at hooker!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan