Jackson Hastings

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
moto748

Re: Jackson Hastings

Post by moto748 »

Purely from the point of view of making SL competitive, I'm content enough that he has stayed at Salford. But there are other players out there, and we still need a 7.
DaveyGolb

Post by DaveyGolb »

jasonnlouise wrote:Could we not tempt Thurston to a 1 year marquis deal
Now THATS living in the clouds, as much as I would have taken it. He's made his decision

https://www.aol.co.uk/sport/2018/08/16/ ... ccounter=1

"Johnathan Thurston has no intention of reversing his decision to retire at the end of the NRL season despite the North Queensland Cowboys sitting bottom of the ladder with three games remaining."
billy's pineapple ring

Post by billy's pineapple ring »

Of all that is available it,s Mellor all day for me, a solid consistent performer at SL level,still in his twenties, I believe that playing in a good side behind a good pack I think his game would go to another level and he could be as good as any current SL half back. He is happy to control play, has a decent long and short kicking game and likes to take people on, and I don,t think he would cost a fortune and will stay as long as his form holds.
I think George would enjoy playing alongside him.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

billy's pineapple ring wrote:Of all that is available it,s Mellor all day for me, a solid consistent performer at SL level,still in his twenties, I believe that playing in a good side behind a good pack I think his game would go to another level and he could be as good as any current SL half back. He is happy to control play, has a decent long and short kicking game and likes to take people on, and I don,t think he would cost a fortune and will stay as long as his form holds.
I think George would enjoy playing alongside him.
I thought he was going to the Wolfpack.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
oval balls

Post by oval balls »

I,d like to get young Theo fage on board if he became available
Jh doesn’t seem to like him hence leaving him out of the squad Thursday night
Just think him and George would be an interesting combination
He always seems to be able to provide that spark whenever he plays off the bench
Thoughts anyone?
wigans turning blue- my arse

shaunedwardsfanclub

oval balls wrote:I,d like to get young Theo fage on board if he became available
Jh doesn’t seem to like him hence leaving him out of the squad Thursday night
Just think him and George would be an interesting combination
He always seems to be able to provide that spark whenever he plays off the bench
Thoughts anyone?
Not for me. Luke Gale would be quite interesting though mmm
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I like fages very underrated player
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Wonder if this means Chris Sandow now comes back into the reckoning? :lol:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
shaunedwardsfanclub

wall_of_voodoo wrote:Wonder if this means Chris Sandow now comes back into the reckoning? :lol:
He was linked with Salford but it would appear that gap has now been plugged :conf:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

The best half back the club has signed in recent years has been Blake Green. We got him off HKR. Now apparently we tried to sign another Aussie half back of another SL club in Hastings.

Can't we find our own Aussie half backs or is our scouting so poor they have to be shoved under the clubs nose having been found by others?