Jackson Hastings

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Caboosegg

Re: Jackson Hastings

Post by Caboosegg »

Wandering Warrior wrote:If he's wanting to showcase himself for a trip back to oz he's not done himself a favour.
From the salford site looks like he want to run the team and be the big fish (fits in with what happened in the nrl). He gets to do that at Salford.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I am led to believe that the good doctor has stepped in to prevent him signing for Wigan. Good luck to the lad and the Red Devils.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Very disappointed to miss out on Jackson. It would have been better to have him for a year rather insist he signs for two and then do a Barba/claim homesickness. I hope we have a back up plan because we were clearly keen to sign another 7. Is there anybody suitable available? or is our new coach going to work wonders with the players that we have? Without Sam to help out the half backs we could be lacking in creativity next season.
si_bax

Post by si_bax »

the Aussie halfback says it was an easy decision, despite being told he had better chances of winning silverware at the Warriors. “In the end it was a pretty easy decision,” said Hastings. “I weighed up my options and I couldn’t see myself playing for anyone else over here. “Everyone talks about, ‘You have to play for trophies’... nothing is ever guaranteed in rugby league so if I went to Wigan or a different club, you’re not guaranteed to do anything.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... -1-9379538
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

si_bax wrote:the Aussie halfback says "nothing is ever guaranteed in rugby league so if I went to Wigan or a different club, you’re not guaranteed to do anything.”
I'll guarantee you something, you won't win the league with Salford. I Can't guarantee you would with Wigan, but at least there's a chance of success. Really under sold himself if he had a chance of joining us.

Oh Well, at least we didn't have to swap Powell for him.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

DR KouCASH stepped in.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Lets see if he doesnt want to play for another super league team if salford go down next year
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Not very good from us if we didn’t sign him because he wouldn’t sign a two year deal.
Who cares if he only wanted a year, would of been a good signing and gave Rads and Ian abit more time to look at a long term replacement.
Still like to think they’ll still go and find us another Scrum half, there’s still time
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

Could we not tempt Thurston to a 1 year marquis deal
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Jackson looks to be in the right place for him, not Wigan class IMO.