shaun wane

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: shaun wane

Post by fozzieskem »

I wonder if the Widnes job could tempt Shaun?

Lots of good youngsters there a real proper prospect of a club
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

stevo38 wrote:ill just say watch this post .shaun didnt want to go
I'm struggling to understand your opening post and this?

If he didn't want to go, why did he resign?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

East Stand Faithful wrote:
I'm struggling to understand your opening post and this?

Aye neither do I.

If he did not want to go then why did he resign. If the club forced his hand how come he get first dibs on the job if he wants it.

Either way the 2 posts put together makes no sense at all.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Of course he wanted to go.he bleeds wigan but his ego wants to prove he can coach anywhere and ru suits his coaching to a tee good luck to him and I thank him for what he as done but the time as come to move on and he knows it.As for a return no chance.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

fozzieskem wrote: Wane?

you have a point but honestly I think football is swamping our great game more than ever and most people don't have the cash to see both sports and are forced to choose.
I don't think gates are down at the DW because folk from Wigan are trouping off to Old Trafford or whatever-they-call-City's-ground-this-week every other week instead. Unless you're referring to the Latics? Either way, I don't see it, really.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote:
fozzieskem wrote: Wane?

you have a point but honestly I think football is swamping our great game more than ever and most people don't have the cash to see both sports and are forced to choose.
I don't think gates are down at the DW because folk from Wigan are trouping off to Old Trafford or whatever-they-call-City's-ground-this-week every other week instead. Unless you're referring to the Latics? Either way, I don't see it, really.
I disagree and no I’m not referring to the latics either,I like myself back in the day I could afford to both Everton on the Saturday wigan rugby on the Sunday (and had change from a tenner etc,those where the days)I think football wether they attend or not has seeped into our game so much it has,along with many other things too affected gates.

The move to summer I don’t has worked but I’m old school the holiday season certainly has massive impact as well,quite why no one saw that when the planning the big move is baffling but I just think the move to the loop fixtures era is going to make a sintilla of difference on the gate sadly.
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

Ok,answering Ops question.I hope we dont need SW back as coach,but find him a job quick smartish back at Wigan. Hes proper Wigan legend.Been around rugby since you wore short pants at school and still banging his chest with an uncompromising passion for the greatest rugby club in the World.
Anyway,he only leaves when we have played ANOTHER Grand Final.

4G
:eusa2:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Why would there be something in place for 5 years time or so even on a gentleman’s agreement? I cannot see Lenegan doing this type of business. Edwards may reign for a decade or 2 years. Who knows... Lee Briers may take Warrington to three Double winning years and be offered the Wigan head coach role after thrashing Wigan 87-1 in 2022.

Or something
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Done football and RL for longer than I can remember but I know which I'd choose if I had to.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

I'm still struggling to understand your opening post and this?

Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?