Matty Smith leaving Saints

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Caboosegg

Re: Matty Smith leaving Saints

Post by Caboosegg »

All the complaints about Smith yet Powell was the same at 7 so is Tommy.

Smith did just fine for us and the amount of stick he got on this forum was a joke.
We missed Smith Last year and it was obvious but those who had it in for him will never admit it.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Is Powel a step up on Smith at 7? Probably not in attack.... though hes miles better in defense. As a 80 minute 9 Im fine with Powel he defends great in the middle and alows an extra option on the bench. Tommy I would say is and has been a step above Smith. I would go further and say the real problem here is we have not really sorted out a top quality 7 for some time. Smith nice lad decent player but not one to get the heart pumping. Im looking forwards to having a 7 who can make us tick. I expect if we had this we would not even talking about this because it would be pretty obvious we could have better. Thankfully the powers that be seem to have seen this and realise that its somthing that has held us back. In my oppinion a quality 7 is the thing that stopped us from being completely dominant under Wanes time in charge.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
ian b

Post by ian b »

Caboosegg wrote:All the complaints about Smith yet Powell was the same at 7 so is Tommy.

Smith did just fine for us and the amount of stick he got on this forum was a joke.
We missed Smith Last year and it was obvious but those who had it in for him will never admit it.
i also liked Smith i just thought he lacked pace, but there are better players who have had more stick on here than him and youre correct it is a joke pal
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

ian b wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:All the complaints about Smith yet Powell was the same at 7 so is Tommy.

i also liked Smith i just thought he lacked pace, but there are better players who have had more stick on here than him and youre correct it is a joke pal
Its a bigger joke suggesting we get him back
ian b

Post by ian b »

old hooker wrote:
ian b wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:All the complaints about Smith yet Powell was the same at 7 so is Tommy
youre right !!
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

old hooker wrote:
ian b wrote:

From Matty Smith's version of events there's not much chance he'd choose to come back with Rads involved.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Josie's friend wrote:
old hooker wrote:
ian b wrote: i also liked Smith i just thought he lacked pace, but there are better players who have had more stick on here than him and youre correct it is a joke pal

From Matty Smith's version of events there's not much chance he'd choose to come back with Rads involved.

Big well done to Rads then :roll:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Josie's friend wrote:
old hooker wrote:
ian b wrote: i also liked Smith i just thought he lacked pace, but there are better players who have had more stick on here than him and youre correct it is a joke pal
What is his version?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

Said it months ago he was off to Catalans no one batted an eyelid
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

shawxshark wrote:Said it months ago he was off to Catalans no one batted an eyelid
Me too, July I think!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan