James Maloney

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: James Maloney

Post by DaveO »

Richymac wrote: Two year contract AZ for GW swap with a first option to resign anyone? ;)
A swap would be good but forget the return clause. Once players leave that should be it.

The problem with this first option to resign idea is it seems to have Wigan thinking that is what they must do regardless. Blinds the club as to looking to see if anyone better is available at the time.

I am not saying never resign a player but instead judge them on their merits.

How it’s seemed to work so far is to sign them back up regardless even if they are crocked.

I also think the get out of jail card might even encourage them to want to leave in the first place. It’s a safety net.

Can’t see it changing though. IL seems wedded to the idea.

moto748

Post by moto748 »

Meanwhile, on topic, an excellent performance from JM in SoO II.
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

moto748 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:57 pm Meanwhile, on topic, an excellent performance from JM in SoO II.
He was brilliant, demonstrated exactly why we should be pulling out all the stops to bring him to Wigan.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Woody1989 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:08 pm
He was brilliant, demonstrated exactly why we should be pulling out all the stops to bring him to Wigan.
I can't see it, but I would be over the moon if it happened.
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

moto748 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:51 pm
Woody1989 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:08 pm
I can't see it, but I would be over the moon if it happened.
With Williams going (freeing up our second marquee spot) it should be possible to get both Hastings and Maloney. With Wire signing Widdop to play alongside Austin next year and Saints resigning Fages alongside Lomax, a combination of Hastings and Maloney would be just what we need to compete. Although I highly doubt Lenegan will sanction both moves, fingers crossed he at least gets one.
pedro

Post by pedro »

where does Sammut play then?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Maloney won't be coming to SL after getting back into Origin, The end, Lock it
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

medlocke wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:23 pm Maloney won't be coming to SL after getting back into Origin, The end, Lock it
Even if he didn’t get back into Origin we would never have even considered him.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:07 am Aidan Sezer mentioned on the other site, Is he any good, Have heard of him before but never seen him play

Leeds are apparently after Sezer!
Leeds still keen on halfback

It’s been a busy week at Headingley, but the Rhinos won’t be calming down their recruitment drive anytime soon. It was a case of two out, three in at Leeds this week with Matt Parcell and Tui Lolohea making way for Shaun Lunt, Rob Lui and Rhyse Martin. The Rhinos are, however, still eyeing up a new halfback for next season.

It won’t be Jackson Hastings, who has reportedly now finalised his club for next season (see below), however, Canberra Raiders’ Aidan Sezer is the latest name to be thrown into the mix, after reports claimed that he is keen on a move away from the NRL. Castleford Tigers star Luke Gale has also been touted as a potential target for Richard Agar’s side.
https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/rumour-mill-23-21020/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan