James Maloney

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: James Maloney

Post by josie andrews »

Don’t we have enough players over or nearing 30?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:31 am Don’t we have enough players over or nearing 30?
Yes but not many are in the same class as JM.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I wold be made up to see Maloney at Wigan, but can't believe we could get near his wage demands.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

medlocke wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:36 pm And we will struggle to sign Wellington Albert from Widnes
Why would Wigan want to sign a player who can't make the Widnes team? We have some good, upcoming youngsters who deserve a chance!
Now I'm well aware of your comment being made to have a pop at IL, but he puts his money where his trap is and runs the Club as a business! Is this not a reasonable way to act?
The difference in the two last home gates deserve much investment don't you think? I think not if it was my money!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:47 pm
medlocke wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:36 pm And we will struggle to sign Wellington Albert from Widnes

Now I'm well aware of your comment being made to have a pop at IL, but he puts his money where his trap is and runs the Club as a business!

Except when the "business" he runs makes errors like this?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36048

Either he has no clue, or you have too much blind faith in someone who claims to be straightening the books. Currently spends to the cap limit but has previously, under HIS stewardship, spent over the cap and as a consequence Wigan have ended up receiving a point and fine deduction. If that embarrassment had happened under Whelan or Lindsay there would have been an outcry - Nah Mr Lenighan "knows" what he is doing :roll:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Wandering Warrior

At the end of the day he runs the business and his accountable for his decisiions. He pumps the money in and spends as he sees fit.
The two point loss is clearly down to mismanagement in certain quarters but isn't bringing it up 18 months later and announcing it the day before season kick off not of similar vain?
Now if stating the blatantly obvious is Blind Faith then I've got it in my eyes as well as my ears if that's not too subtle?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Going on about the RFL bringing it up later is no excuse for the error in the first place. It’s just whataboutery. In any case as was pointed out in the original thread they could not have done it at the time if the issue only came to light later.

If as said above Lindsay or Whelan had done this the lynch mob would have been out but for some reason because it’s IL he gets a pass despite the fact he’s currently economising on the squad and gates are down. What does have to do to have the halo removed from his head? Preside over us being relegated?
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I agree entirely Dave,and everyone at the club gets criticism except IL .
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I think the way it’s going at present with the downward spiral we are seeing off the pitch and omnishambles the lynch mobs are stretching their legs (or typing fingers) already.

I’m not liking what is going on at present. We all laugh and joke saying how can Wire be under the Cap and be able to get widdop for next year etc... simply they do it much better than we do... which shouldn’t really happen really. They get Austin, we get Hankinson who is shipped out to Swinton
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wandering Warrior

We are reigning Champs and folk still find stuff to bellyache about.
Try putting yourself in the position of a Bolton Wanderers supporter at the moment and you'll realise where priororities lie!
I'm there and have the tshirt hence my reluctance to climb on the 'bitch wagon'!!